Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looking for Acoustic Wizardry

antimatter

I love the Live in San Fran album by Dimeola and the boys. I wasn't overly impressed with the studio album though. I'm trying to find something comparable to the Live album. An acoustic player or players that can cook, not the subtle mood stuff but finger burning stuff. Bluegrass, jazz, rock...whatever. Anyone?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a guy (from Austin, I think) named Monte Montgomery who can flat out play. Only thing is, he kinda plays within the constraints of pop-rock songs, so he's not always burnin'. But when he lets loose, whoa!! Saw him on Austin City limits several years ago & was very impressed. He's got a few albums out.
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

I'm a big fan f Ed Gerhard, Lawrence Juber, and basically many of the acts whoi have prodiucts at the Acoustic Music Resource. (.com)

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

-- NO ONE compares to Phil Keaggy on acoustic guitar. Check out his website to see when he's coming to your area. He's great when he does his electric gig, too, but his one-man acoustic guitar show will leave you shaking your head in disbelief... :thu:

Archived