Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hello everyone

Dawill

I have been reading this forum for a couple of weeks and have decided that there are no really scary people here. So I decided to register.

A little background. I am 47 and have been playing guitar since I was 13. That's 34 years... Yikes! My main guitar is an early 70's strat but I have about a dozen others. My main amp is a 1969 50w Marshall head run through a 2X12 open backed Silvertone cab loaded with JBL E-120's. I know it's unusual but it works for me.

Just wanted to introduce myself

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dawill:

I have been reading this forum for a couple of weeks and have decided that there are no really scary people here. So I decided to register.

I don't know.... some of us can be pretty scary... ;)

Welcome aboard!

:wave:

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Hey Dawill :wave:

Welcome to our little community. I play a '94 Korean Strat with a Seymour Duncan JB jr through a home-built Marshall JCM-800 clone and a 1 x 15" cab (my 2 x 12" and my other Marshall copy is still in Gastonia :( ). The 15" speaker is a Weber VST California C15-CA.

I'm an electronics engineering tech student, going for my bachelor's degree. Just got my associates degree a few months ago. I build my own amps for fun (but no profit) :freak:

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Dawill -

You might want to take a gander at "The BIO THREAD". I just bumped it up for you.

It's a great way to get a handle on some of the folks here.

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

You might want to take a gander at "The BIO THREAD". I just bumped it up for you.

It's a great way to get a handle on some of the folks here

Thanks, I'll print it out and read it at an appropriate time and place. (use your imagination)

Aw, man, I'm tryin' to get all set for Halloween, and you go and say none of us are really scary... !

Hey, ferreal, welcome! Sounds like a cool rig to me; what kind of speakers are in that Silvertone 2x12 cab? I've seen some with sweet old Jensens in'em. Do you tend to get a clean sound, or do you get some good vintagey grind out of that rig? Expiring minds wanna know!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

Hey, ferreal, welcome!

Hey Kev, was that an intentional connection/pun? ("ferreal" - "feral") Or am I just off my meds again...? :P

Dawill - Let me know how many pages that thread ends up being (if you do print it out). I'll bet it takes a small deciduous forrest to come up with that much paper! ;):D

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Welcome,

If you ever neeed Strat info look me up..

Have I got one for you!!!!

I got a American std. 91'.

Well I would like to find and buy the pickguard that comes with the Dick Dale model, the one with the bridge pickup slanted the "other" way.

Do you know where and how much?????

Thanks!!!!

Thanks everyone, I feel right at home.

Caevan, I have JBL E-120's in my Silvertone. It had the old Jensen's in it when I got it 30+ years ago, but I blew em out in a hurry.

NMcGuitar, the printout was 48 pages in the "printer friendly" mode!

TeleCarlos, don't worry,

My skin is thick.

Or is it my head?

I think it is both...

D'OH! Sorry, you had already said that you had JBLs in there, on your first post. Brain farts. Man. I hate'em!

Neil- can I have some more of your meds today? I like you, Neil! You're not like the other people in the TV room...

Ferreal, no pun in ten did. Not a one.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Neil- can I have some more of your meds today?

Well... I'm about to leave work and stop by my neighborhood pub for a pint of meds on the way home... If you can make it to Derwood MD in the next hour or so I'll even buy you one!

:D

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Originally posted by Dawill:

Nice bio! Why don't you people live in my neighborhood!

No one around me plays ANYTHING!

You should move to Colorado like all the rest of the Californians do!

So true. Hey man, welcome to the forums. I'm from Colorado Spgs (as seen on my sig.) but I'm currently attending school in Boulder. The jams up here are in a dry spell too. We have players, but not many that are worth hanging with. They're always partying. (Go figure)
Shut up and play.

Hey Revo, glad you're in my neck of the woods. If you get a chance, go see Michael Hornbuckle. He plays with the Groove Hogs but he also plays alot with his own 3-piece. The guy is HOT! I used to play with his dad Bobby (RIP). I recently met up with Michael and he now has my phone#. He promised to call me next time he has a 3-piece gig. You can here him with the Groove Hogs, but his playing is much better in his own band. I'll let you know when he's playing if you'd like.

Originally posted by Tedster:

Welcome, y'all, and watch out fer that Daklander character. He's pretty scary when he's playin' poker an' drinkin' beer over at the saloon... :D

Why shucks Ted, Ya shunta werndem. Thaid fahnd aout kwik ahnuff.

Ah ben amissin y'all ov't' Miz Lee's saloon. 'Been a chekin oer thar now'nagin & ahin't much agoan ahn 'r thar.

Gittin' sum rhain thar'bouts? Lookin' lahk tham thar critters fum Noth Ca'linah is agonna be ah gittin' it.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Dak- is that what you'd call "Americana Concentrate"?

Nah, but it'll damn sure make y'all concentrate to figure out just what the hell I said. :eek:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Archived