Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Has anyone heard of the classical guitar player Pavlo?

Marc_Lafrance

Has anyone heard of the guitar player Pavlo.

Description: "In this captivating collection of compositions, you will find masterful guitar work with influinces and techinques from Flamenco, Latin, classical, and Mediterranean music."

He is coming to my school for a performance and Q&A on Monday. He has great reviews and people have been telling me that Im lucky to be able to see him. I'm just wondering how lucky am I?

"What's with these new bands, everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact." -Homer Simpson

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I found out that when he comes to my school on Monday he's only bringing his bazuki(I think that's right) player. He's playing next saturday with the rest of his band and admission is 20$ canadian. So I am planning on going to both.
"What's with these new bands, everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact." -Homer Simpson

Originally posted by Marc_Lafrance:

I found out that when he comes to my school on Monday he's only bringing his bazuki(I think that's right) player. He's playing next saturday with the rest of his band and admission is 20$ canadian. So I am planning on going to both.

Good plan. I went to a couple of events like this, around here they call them "guitar clinics", usually held at music stores. They have a question and answer session, and a short solo concert. Two that were most memorable for me was Lita Ford, and Jennifer Batten (Michael Jackson's guitar player). They both played awesome, and showed lots of their individual techniques and gear. Definetly time well spent.

Even though I'm not that familiar with his music,(I will be soon though), I really do like Flamenco, and have all the respect in the world for Flamenco players, They are great guitarists. I did get the chance to meet Jesse Cook once, and he was very informative about how the Flamenco players play with soul or a spirit, called the "Duende". If Palvo were playing near my hometown, I would go. The Q & A session should be very informative, and you should enjoy that as well as the performance. Consider the cost like getting a great Flamenco guitar lesson from a top notch pro. Sounds like a great deal to me...

Go for it !! :)

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

Well I saw him yesterday and he is one very talented guitar player. All of his music is instrumental (Except for one song I think) and it is great. His Bazuki player was also very very talented. They had a duel and the Bazuki player played with his teeth which I thought was pretty cool. I am definately going to see him on saturday because he has 4 people on percussion and another guitarist who I didn't see when he came.

Archived