Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nothing to do with guitar

Stan_Frenchie

Hi,

This as nothing to do with guitar, but as musicians you may have played the songs I am looking for and may answer ... (it's not a quiz : I am trying to find the lyrics of these songs for my English teaching girlfriend).

Who sang : What did they do to my song ?

What are the titles of the songs where these lyrics occur :

Rod Stewart (?) : I'am sailing

The Beatles : Nothing's gone change my world

Fugees (?) : Eternal flame

Patti Smith : when the doves cry

TIA.

Bests.

Stan.

Love + Learning + Music = LIFE !!! (some money welcomed as well ...)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Wiz of Oz :):) (a.k.a. gotMYgit)

Sorry, unfortunately you just won my thanks ... (well after all it is not that bad :D ) ...

Now if you could explain why she mistook Patti Smith and Prince ... (imagine me trying to explain her that :(:(:( )

Bests.

Stan.

Hi gotMYgt,

That's quite normal, you helped me, I would have been a naughty boy not helping you ... :):):)

Bests.

Stan.

PS : BTW my daughter wants to go to your country in 2004, I may ask you some more question in a near future ... (she will most likely work one month as a stockman(woman?) as she really knows how to ride a horse -she is also an expert at Karate 3rd Dan Black Belt- I would rather have her as a ski teacher for a better pay as she is fluent in French, German and near in English).

PS : Is that still a guitar related forum ? :D:D:D

I wish your daughter luck - talk about extremes! A ski resort or the outback? The term used for a stockman is jackaroo or for a woman jillaroo....does she realise how tough conditions can be for that type of work? The black belt may come in handy. Also many areas are still extremely drought affected, so she should check it all out well in advance. :wave:

Hi,

GotMYgit : thanks, I suppose she knows what she is doing (and she may change her mind during the course of the year ...).

Skipclone 1 : you're right about the lyrics as I found out (however I suppose at least someone used what did they do to my song as I remember hearing it -Janis Joplin ?- but I am getting old and may be fooled by my memory ...).

Thanks to both of you.

Bests.

Stan.

Archived