Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Warren Haynes

mstreck

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by guitplayer:

Tonight! :wave:

guitplayer

Yeah... I'm jealous!

I don't think the Allman Bros. are going to make a local stop... damn! But I was standing 3 feet from him (literally) at the Little Feat show, so I'm satiated for a while.

Mike

Petting Hendrix

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked in the head by an iron boot? Of course you don't--no one does--that never happens.

Ooh, I envy you, Mike. I'd just about kill to see Little Feat again. 'Course, I'd not complain if Warren was there. :D
**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Just my opinion, but I think that Warren is spreading himself a little thin. I don't see how he can keep up the amazing pace. Between Govmt Mule, Allmans, Phil Lesh, and all the other 'side man' gigs that he takes, he's got to be the busiest guitarist in show business right now. Great guy, too. But he literally flies in to gigs sometimes just in time to walk on stage. Killer pace, killer guitar player.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Originally posted by meek20:

mstreck ,

What songs did Warren Haynes play with the Feat?

He was only on stage for the encore: Dixie Chicken > Dark Star > Tennessee Jed > Dixie Chicken. LF even posted it on their website the next day!

The encore lasted about 20 minutes (I think). I think only a handfull of us knew who he was... yep, you could tell who the musicians in the crowd were because we were all star-struck.

It was pretty cool. The place was crowded but wasn't jam-packed so I could go just about anywhere I wanted. I spent most of the show about 40 feet away, but when Warren Haynes came out I was right up to the stage.

I was really hoping he'd go nuts, but he didn't. Guess I'll need to go to an Allman Bros. show for that.

Has anyone seen his acoustic show?

Why was he in Dewey Beach of all places? The local legend goes something like this: Warren and a member of Little Feat are related (I don't know who). The common relative lives in Dewey Beach... or so I'm told.

Mike

Petting Hendrix

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked in the head by an iron boot? Of course you don't--no one does--that never happens.

Archived