Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Effects

Colb

I have a BF-3 Flanger, Metal Zone Distortion, a Cry Baby wah, and a Gt-3 processor. I am just looking for opinions about what is the best sequence to put them into a Marshall vs stack. I haven't been taking advantage of the fx loop, is there anything that would especially be good out of these to use there? Thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try this:

Put the wah first. Then the distortion pedal. For more extreme filter effects, put the wah after the distortion pedal.

The GT-3 and flanger will probably work better in the amp's loop since time-based effects (such as flangers, delays and choruses) tend to sound better after the preamp.

Note that there is no right or wrong way to do this so play around until you find what sounds good to you.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Originally posted by Gabriel E.:

Try this:

Put the wah first. Then the distortion pedal. For more extreme filter effects, put the wah after the distortion pedal.

The GT-3 and flanger will probably work better in the amp's loop since time-based effects (such as flangers, delays and choruses) tend to sound better after the preamp.

Note that there is no right or wrong way to do this so play around until you find what sounds good to you.

:thu:

Archived