Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm 28 today

Blue Strat

As of 12:00 today, September 3rd, 2003, I'm 28 years old. I've got mixed feelings today, don't know if I should be excited and happy or if I should feel down and blue. :confused: If I'm not working tonight, I'm going out - be it with friends or alone.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bluestrat! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Depressed? You've got so much ahead of you. That's exciting. I'm 37, I still feel like I'm 17. I sit in meetings sometimes where people respect my opinion, and I think to myself, (as I'm speaking) "I'm an idiot! I'm only 17 years old! Why are you people listening to me?" I've got to stop doing that. Someday, I'm going to vocalize that thought.

Anyway, enjoy the day. Enjoy the wisdom.

PS, you're just a punk. :P

Rock on!

Mikegug

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic

Happy Birthday Bluestrat,

Enjoyed reading your input on these pages. While you're here, also wanted to thank you for sharing the pics of your guitars and stuff a while back. :cool:

I was at UNC the day that they legalized drinking in town. Be carefull out there.

I used to know everything.

You're 28 today? Well...all I can say is...

FUCK YOU!!!

I'd give my right nut to be 38 again, you PUNK! Oh, boo-hoo-hoo! Cry in your beer to someone who's 25!

In all seriousness, though, happy birthday! And don't sweat the numbers. My Mother always said that men age better than women because they never seem to GROW UP! It took me three years before I realized she DIDN'T mean it as a compliment! :D

Best wishes, KID!

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Thanks for all the love! I can say that, as I'm secure in my manhood. :D

It just feels kinda weird being surrounded by people that are about 10 years younger, those that can't buy an alcoholic beverage legaly, and yet those people have done so much more than I have on the "wild side" of life.

I've never been drunk (I've gotten a good beer buzz)

I've never been stoned

I've never smoked a cigarette

I've never played a concert

Maybe I'm a geek, or a "square", or whatever...

I don't know. I do know that I've had a lot of opertunities to do some really cool stuff over the last 28 years, and I have seen and done a lot. But a socialite I am not.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

Hi bluestrat,

I'm 28 too. First of all happy birthday (I'm late for that as always for everything else). Well I got my own crisis this year about this being life, and having reached a moment when you're not preparing for anything anymore, and this is what you are etc etc. Which is why I think I know how you feel and why I found all the answers you got so assuaging. Thanks to all and Happy Birthday bluestrat :wave:

Happy birthday, bluestrat! (Yeah, I know it's a day late... :rolleyes: ).

Depressed for a birthday? Don't waste your time with that s#!t.

First, it's another day that you're on this side of the ground.

Second, even though you think there are things you've missed, there's a whole lotta life you haven't missed. Enjoy those things that have made you happy.

Third, statistically speaking, you've got the majority of your life ahead of you ! There's gonna be tons more good stuff (and some bad too) - look forward to it!

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

"I hear it's your birthday." :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :thu:

Twenty-eight is cool. So's 27, 29, 30, etc. :cool:

Dave

It's funny you should mention that song and that Tedster should mention the Beatles. In my 9:00 class wednesday, my professor played that song in class and asked if it was anyone's birthday. So I raised my hand and got noticed. :) I had a few people tell me happy birthday in class, and that was kinda cool. :D Not a bad way to start the day.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

Happy Birthday!

Sorry, I'm a day late. I was busy with homework last night.

I am a little forgetful about how old I am. Most times when someone asks, I have to ask what year it is and do the math. The wife would say that I live my life in "Mark's World".

The way I look at it is: The only important birthdays/milestones are 18 (or 21 depending on your state) and 62 (start getting free money to hang around all day and play guitar). Nothing else really matters.

Happy Bithday!

Check out some handcrafted guitars:

http://home.mindspring.com/~grus/guitars.htm

Happy belated Birthday Blue! I would sell my soul (AND many other things) to be 28 again! In the scheme of things you are still very YOUNG, dude. Just think of how much music you can create, or how much you can improve your playing chops, or how much new gear will be invented (and acquired by you) by the time you're 33! Hell, you can probably change careers at least twice by the time you're 35!

Life is good. Enjoy!

"You're either WITH me, or you're AGIN' Me!" (Yosemite Sam)

Happy (belated) birthday, Blue! Keep smiling, dude, keep in mind that some of us are 28 in metric years! I agree, you should buy a new axe, or at least a new stomp box. "Born on a mountain, raised in a cave, GI-tars and women are all that I crave!!"

Rawkin' on....

I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Originally posted by Mike Gug:

Whitefang wrote:

I'd give my right nut to be 38 again

What would you do if you were 38 again? I'm 37. if you give me a clue, I've got a whole year to ramp up.
Do? What would I DO if 38 again?

Hell, man! I'd be 38 again! Ain't THAT enough?

I'm 52 now. Perhaps when YOU'RE 52, you'll get my drift. Unless you're fortunate enough to reach that age WITHOUT the thinning hair, thickening middle, health issues and bi-focals(or, TRI, in my case). In that case, never mind!

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived