Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Line 6 Spider - any gud?

guitar

i recently played around on a Line 6 Spider and spent most of the afternoon playing about with different guitars on it. I really liked the versatility of it and had a lot of fun. Does anyone out there own one and if so have you had any problems with them. cheers

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i played with one once( a friend brought one to a jam) it had some neat sounds but it was way underpowered for its 50 watt rating and seemed lifeless. it could get lost in the shuffle. if you want low wattage and some good tones check out the yamaha dg60. i don't know if these are still made but you may find a used one. i find the yamaha dg series to be more amp less crap. i never was totally pleased with line 6 amps. they seem better at recording. make sure that you try the amps in the way you want to use it. if its playing with a band try it with a band. some amps sound good in a store but dissappear in a band situation.

I tried them, and was not that impressed. I ended up getting a Line6 Flextone II, and I highly recommend it.

Since the Flextone III's are out now, you should be able to lay your hands on a II for $200-$300.

Try one, I'll be you'll like it better.

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

I also would recommend a Flextone II or better amp. I use the II Plus and it's excellent. You have to factor in buying a floorboard too, which can raise the cost signifigantly depending on the amp.

You could probably pick up a Flextone II Plus for around $350 on e-bay. Add in a foot controller and you should be able to get in for under $500. I'd also recommend getting an extra 1X12 Celestion cab from Line 6. It's really beefs up the tone and depth of the amp. New they are $250 and I don't often see them on e-Bay.

I haven't used Line6's extension cab. I generally haven't needed the extra power. I have plugged into an old Yamaha PA cabinet once or twice to see what it sounded like (and it is a great, big sound! :D ).

Are the Line6 cabs really that good, or is it just having the extra cab at all that you liked?

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

I have a friend into nu-metal and Tool who loves the 212, but I tried it, liked the tones, but has too many bells and whistles for my taste. I already spent a lot of money on effects, so one of those is useless. NMcGuitar - Does the Flextone 3 have any effects? I tried one and liked the tones, but I don't remember if it had any effects or not.
Shut up and play.

Originally posted by revolead:

I have a friend into nu-metal and Tool who loves the 212, but I tried it, liked the tones, but has too many bells and whistles for my taste. I already spent a lot of money on effects, so one of those is useless. NMcGuitar - Does the Flextone 3 have any effects? I tried one and liked the tones, but I don't remember if it had any effects or not.

Yes. It looks like it's got more than the II. Here\'s the Features page from Line6.

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Archived