Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

First song you ever learned on guitar

J J

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YOU GUITARISTS MAY THINK YOUR ALL BIG AND BAD, BUT WE GOT DJARRETT ON OUR SIDE AND HE'LL KICK YOUR ASSES!!!!!

ITS NOT A TRAP, ITS CALLED GETTING YOUR ASSES KICKED, YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKING NIGGERS!!!!!!!

GUITARISTS CAN SUCK MY DICK!!!!

WHAT???? AND HAVE NO DRUMMER...OH WAIT...I KNOW....YOU CAN PUT DUMBASS MOTHER FUCKING GLEASON BACK IN THE BAND!!!! OH YEA I FUCKING FORGOT HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A DRUMSET CAUSE OF HIS POTHEAD MEXICAN DAD!!!! HAHHAA NOW YOU HAVE NO DRUMMER DIPSHIT!!!!! HHAHA FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!!!! HAVE FUN WITHOUT A DRUMMER!!!!!!

MOTHER FUCKING GUITARISTS CAN SUCK MY DICK!!!!!

ALL GUITARISTS SUCK BALLS!!!!

Funky thread ya lovebirds have going here.

The first song that I learned all the way through was Roxanne by the Police. (Or should I have said lairnt?) It was this little gem of a song that introduced my beginning little guitarist's mind to minor and major 7ths, suspended 4ths, etc. I was changed, and have played few garden-variety "E"- and "A"-shaped barre-chords ever since.

By the way- I, for one, would greatly appreciate it if you would edit the alleged word "nigger" out of the preceding posts, Drum Groove. I doubt that DJarrett is on your side on that front. Go on, I know you can be creative and come up with a better word than that. Right?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to think or believe- just to keep racial slurs out of the forum.

When I was in Army Basic Training years ago, we had a 6'6" MONSTER of a Drill Instructor who was in charge of "Racial Tensions". To his credit, he didn't put up with the term "Whitey", either. Man, be glad- be very glad, Drum Groove, that he's not the forum moderator here...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

First song I learned to play on my guitar was "Crazy Train". Actually, I'm not sure if "Crazy Train" came first or if "Smoke On The Water" did.

And please refrain from using offensive language here, there are children present (anyone under 21). :P

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

"Hot For teacher" by Van Halen

it only took me half an hour, and i had figured it out on my own without tabs, it wasn't that hard

Let me get this straight, you had never played guitar, and then you picked one up and 30 minutes later you could play "Hot for teacher"?

"Yellow Submarine" by the Beatles. I think I was 6 years old (or something like that) and my teacher brought out a bunch of Beatles tunes to help me learn chords, and that was the first.
"I look for whatever will cut the deepest... whammy bars and wah wah pedals can't be used as just gimmicks. They have to reflect and express your feelings." - Jeff Beck

Geenard Skeenard,

Red River Valley.....
Hey Geenard, THANKS! :wave:

Now mine won't sound QUITE so bad. The riff/lick for "A' Soalin", an old English Christmas Carol as performed by Peter, Paul and Mary (I know, WHO? :confused: )

I even still like it today, it's got a lingering, haunting sound to it. Nowadays though I add the 6th string 'E' to it too (it uses hi 'E' and 'B' from open to 5th fret) and pluck the 'E's together.

BTW, I think my second song was the chords (D, G & C) for "Blowin' In The Wind", first PP&M style, then Bob Dylan style.

And that's the whole (Folk) story.

Now for the first "Rock" song(s), "Smoke On The Water", "Brown Sugar" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash"; all at the same time, rhythm (and intro) chords.

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Yeah Dave, I was surprised to hear the first songs people played, to hear somebody actually learned a complex song as their first song, kinda makes me think they were ashamed to tell their actual first song. Then again, there might be a bunch of little Mozarts around here! :)
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

I've Just Seen a Face by the Beatles. Got the solo and everything :D I actually have a vhs tape of me playing it for the first time, when I was 8 or so. Definitely is an ego boost to watch it and see how far I've come.
My music is like a movie for your ears - Frank Zappa

Archived