Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

what is the most extream guitar solo ever??

allwayzhigh

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I don't know what "extream" means but if it's anything like the word "extreme" how could you not include Derek Baily, or Pat Metheny's "Zero Tolerance for Silence", or Sonny Sharrock, Blood Ulmer, Alan Holdsworth, Pete Cosey for Miles Davis' Agharta. Not a big Malmsteen fan. But what about Hendrix' "Machine Gun" solo? He both plays his ass off and has bombs and explosions and helicopters in that too!

All the best,

Henry Robinett

Its hard to label any one solo extreme. Their are plenty of not what I would define as extreme solos that are just as challenging and/or beautiful. Malmsteen and Vai are extreme. Eric Johnson is challenging and Satriani beautiful.

Labelling artists and solos/songs has long become an obsession of this forum. Its always nice to hear everyones' two cents, but classification is downright juvenile. Pinpointing people with certain descriptions, while true they may seem, is dangerous. I am a normal 18-year old guitar player. What does that make me? Am I extreme? Sometimes. Crazy? I think all great players are. Can I still play with the passion and beauty of a Stradivarius viloin, most defnintely. Everyone has desrciptions of players and gear, but we have to be careful to not limit ourselves.

Shut up and play.

Originally posted by revolead:

Can I still play with the passion and beauty of a Stradivarius viloin, most defnintely.

Hate to be picky, but a Stradivarius doesn't play itself. It has no passion or musical beauty of it's own. Depends on the fingers, heart and mind of the artist playing it. A talentless player will make the most extraordinary Strad sound like poo-poo.

Besides that I think I agree with your point.

:D

All the best,

Henry Robinett

Originally posted by henryrobinett:

Can I still play with the passion and beauty of a Stradivarius viloin, most defnintely.

Hate to be picky, but a Stradivarius doesn't play itself. It has no passion or musical beauty of it's own. Depends on the fingers, heart and mind of the artist playing it. A talentless player will make the most extraordinary Strad sound like poo-poo.

Besides that I think I agree with your point.

:D

Sorry, wasn't trying to get cocky or egotistical, looks like my point got across anyway.
Shut up and play.

Originally posted by tazzola:

How about extremely crazy? Check this one from Rusty Cooley. If you think you can pull that off, then send me your demo!!! :D

NOTE: You may want to download the clip first. It's in RealPlayer format. Otherwise your browser may crash... don't say I didn't warn ya. :)

Can that guy make music too? ;)

Its hard to label any one solo extreme. Their are plenty of not what I would define as extreme solos that are just as challenging and/or beautiful. Malmsteen and Vai are extreme. Eric Johnson is challenging and Satriani beautiful.

Labelling artists and solos/songs has long become an obsession of this forum. Its always nice to hear everyones' two cents, but classification is downright juvenile. Pinpointing people with certain descriptions, while true they may seem, is dangerous. I am a normal 18-year old guitar player. What does that make me? Am I extreme? Sometimes. Crazy? I think all great players are. Can I still play with the passion and beauty of a Stradivarius viloin, most defnintely. Everyone has desrciptions of players and gear, but we have to be careful to not limit ourselves.

Blah, Blah, Blah. You think too much. Get over yourself, jerkoff!
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

Archived