Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A/B Switch pedal?

synthetic

I'm looking for a bypass pedal, I'm not quite sure what it's called. This is similar to the Bradshaw switching rigs of the stars, but only one in and one out and without the fancypants relay switching. The purpose is to add true bypass to a unit that doesn't have it, like my QuadraVerb 2. I'd like a pedal that my guitar plugs into, has an effects send and return, and an output. The pedal would engage or disengage the effect send. Who makes these? Thanks, -jl

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I've got no idea. You could just get 2 A/B switchers (Whirlwind makes a pretty nice one) to split your signal, then "recombine it" after your effects.

I know that's not the most elegant solution, but it was all I could come up with.

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Yeah, that might work. Guitar goes into A/B switch. The A side goes to a Y cable then to the amp. The B side goes to the processor, then out of the processor into the other side of the Y cable into the amp. I'd always have the noise of the processor in the Y cable, but if the unit is quiet then that isn't a big deal. I just don't want my signal to be loaded down through the processor all of the time.

Thanks for your help, -jl

Originally posted by synthetic:

... I just don't want my signal to be loaded down through the processor all of the time...

The a/b switch boxes will separate your signal from the processor. However, the Alesis processors typically have a 500k to 1M ohm input impedance. This shouldn't be loading down your signal. I assume you must be hearing something not to your liking, though.

Archived