Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What your band makes per gig

daddyelmis

Here in Texas , for country bands it's 350-500 for a 4 hour show. For cover shows that is, when we do our original shows it's much less. I always say "I'll play for free, but you gotta pay me to haul my shit." :D
jgc2002 is not responsible for damages ,injuries and or death as result of above post.Side effects include nasuea,dizziness,dry mouth,vomiting,blurred vision,nervousness,loss of memory and in extreme cases sexual side effects. www.mp3.com/salt_creek

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being mostly a solo guy, I find it's tough to get $25.00 an hour. That's my goal because it seems the going rate for a band is about that per member. I'll generally shoot for a $100.00 minimum for 3 hours but will settle for that $25.00 per hour level. It pays for the time playing but not the transport to and from, the setup or tear down.

That sucks big time but there are too many paying to play, let alone getting paid to play.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Played two-four hour jobs yesterday - A pool party in the afternoon, made $60 plus free food and drink. Last night, filled in for another band (a couple of the guys are from a band I used to play with), made $40 plus free drinks. This was okay, I knew the pay beforehand, and I liked the venue. Just a little redneck bar, where anything goes material wise, and they're not telling you to turn it down before you've got your gear plugged in like at the Moose clubs. There was a drummer there from another band, needs a guitarist for next Saturday, so I've got a job booked for $80. I guess you've just got to love playing, pay be damned!

My gear: http://fendercaster.freeservers.com/guit3.html

If you own two Lexus cars, do you have Lexi?

Well i play in a canadian cover band,i think our lowest paying gig is $1300 for 2 nights and our highest is $3500 for 6 nights.We do 3 45 minute sets in most places and if they`re real sticklers we`ll do 3 50`s.I wouldn`t start rushing to canada though as we`ve been together 15 years so were amoung the highest paid in this area-Vancouver! Arch

Archived