Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I want to look cool when I play!

Sunshy

Originally posted by paostby:

It's all attitude, dude! Get on stage and you SHOW them that it's cool. Don't ask them, TELL them. If some dink snears at you, tear his head off with smearing lick, and then boink his girlfriend after the show.

That's FANTASTIC!

Golden - I love you!

"Money, Bitchez and Cheese!"

http://www.playspoon.com/nollykin/files/voxline.gif

"I never thought about it, and I never stopped to feel -

But I didn't want you telling me just what to think was real.

And as simple as it comes, I only wanted to express-

...But with expression comes regret - and I don't want you hating me."

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

get a drum kit, and we'll just make up the drums ourselves, lol

who needs lessons

we made this cd with no knowledge of instruments, music or sobriety!!!

YAY

heh, that'd be funny

Just get a few more mics, plug em all in, mic up the cabs, think up a few good rifs, peice together a pattern, think up some lame funny vocals about a 1 legged man called stu with a strange love life

you're set.

press record

take it away

lol

you turn up with GOOD SHIT

I wrote the coolest rock song

you know every rock thing like ooh yeah, woo, baby, blues explosion! yeah, wooo, yell etc

well

thats the lyrics

just rock n roll catch cries

its cooler than my tourettes song

heh, yeah

I wanna make a song

about a one legged man called stu with a strange love life

lol

and in the verses say "this is a song about a one legged man named stu with a strange love life"

and the chorus say "YEAH YEAH ONE LEG YEAH YEAH SEX WITH CATS YEAH YEAH STU YOU'RE THE MAN YEAAAAAAAAHHHHH"

And thats it

repeat a few times

add in a masturbation session for the solo

(guitar masturbation, tool)

and end with a sample of a cat going MEOW

for my stage outfit, I want leather pants and the D4 t-shirt that is just black and says

ROCK 'N ROLL

MOTHERF*CKER

HEH!!

DUDE

SO COOL

and I'll get one that says

"ROCK OUT"

teehee

and our drummer has to have no shirt, and we take a moment to point out to the crowd that this is hardcore.

hahaha

we need cool tattoos.

------------------

This mockery between my friend and I just goes to show - its not how you look, its how you play.

(Yeah. Boredom does this to you.)

Nolly

"Money, Bitchez and Cheese!"

http://www.playspoon.com/nollykin/files/voxline.gif

"I never thought about it, and I never stopped to feel -

But I didn't want you telling me just what to think was real.

And as simple as it comes, I only wanted to express-

...But with expression comes regret - and I don't want you hating me."

Originally posted by NMcGuitar:

As far as looking cool on stage, you'll look coolest when you feel the most at ease. You might sway, or dance a little, or even just connect more with your audience when you are comfortable like that. Heck, if that doesn't work, try a hat! :D

Excellent...a realist.
I don't give a........

Hehe, funny post topic. I remember growing up and listening to Led Zep and jamming along with records. I had a poster with Jimmy Page on the wall and I swear the guitar was down around his ankles lol. I would try really hard to emulate the look of all my guitar heroes but finally came to the realization that I am a nerd anyway. Nothing I wear or moves I make are going to change that I am not really a cool person. These days I just concentrate on the music and enjoying myself.

Onstage I am pretty shy and really stiff. I started to work on my stage presence a little and for the most part this meant not grimacing when I make a mistake. I will never be a front man, but I am realizing you can go a long way by just looking like you are enjoying yourself and emotionally getting into the music you are playing.

It is fun to jump around and to try and be cool if you are so inclined, but just be relaxed and be yourself and I think you will connect with audiences just fine.

Hehehehe! :D

Yeah! This is a great topic. The replies posted ar e hillarious!!!!

Take a look at Zakk Wylde. He looks and most importantly, plays, like a real guitar hero.

It's actually a mystery to me that he isn't mentioned more frequently... I, personally, regard hin as one of THE best guitar players. Of all time!

Jeg kan alt i hele verden, jeg bare gidder ikke...

Originally posted by Gruupi:

It is fun to jump around and to try and be cool if you are so inclined, but just be relaxed and be yourself and I think you will connect with audiences just fine.

Yep. This is what Alex Skolnick did when he did a show with his old buds in Testament a few years ago. It was a benefit concert in San Francisco for Chuck Billy, Testament's lead vocalist. Something called the " Thrash of the Titans ". He was up there, like a cool-headed jazz fusion dude, while everyone else around him banged their heads off.

Of course, if you live in the New York City area, you should know what he does these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to have my guitar below my belt. I've used to it, although I can't play it nearly as well as I play it sitting. But, cos I play in a rock band I think it's part of the show, and having the guitar hanging quite low makes me move quite a lot cos I have to bend my knees to get my hands enough low to be able to stretch my fingers enough. Especially when playing a solo. Though if I would play jazz or reggae (which I'm planning to do) the guitar could be a bit higher.

http://www.hanoirocks.com/photos/miltonkeynes/miltonkeynes231.jpg

And doesn't Cosmic Ted look cool or what!?

peace tai turpaan

The music is everywhere. LET the music be heard THROUGH you and your brain & hands. FEEL the changes, beats, power - ALLOW it to move you. Jump, pogo, sway, stand still, free yourself from convention.

Peopla will say you look cool.

Oh yeah, and wear a Hawaiian shirt.

PPaul

[url=http://www.TiredIronBand.com

Fender Strat

Hamer Sunburst

Guild D-25

DeArmond Jetstar (Spel!)

Washburn HB-15C

Peavey C-30

blah blah ho hum etc etc

Archived