Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

patch bay wiring

If anyone has any links or diagrams on different wiring configurations i would sure love to see them. i will be wiring up a 96 point Bantom/TT ADC unit for my home studio. It is not pre normalized. And hey... what's that 5th tong for? I am interested in learning about the proper way to wire mults and any other special tricks. Any and all info appreciated. Thanks JH

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi JH, If you'll hold your left hand like you were holding an imaginary baseball. Look directly at your fingertips and hold your 1st finger and thumb vertically .... that's about what the pins on your patchbay look like. middle finger = pin 1 (sheild) 3rd finger = pin 3 (Lo) little finger = pin 2 (Hi) 1st finger and thumb become the Normals to the jacks in the bottom row 1st finger = Lo Normal Thumb = Hi Normal All total 480 solder points ... just on the patchbay side, then there's all the connecters that get plugged into your gear on the other end ... whew !! You'll love it though and be glad you did it yourself. I can make patchbay labels on my computer. If you have PhotoShop I can e-mail you the template. Good luck, Russ

Thanks Russ. I don't have photoshop but i know several people who do, so yeah, i'll take a copy of the template, anything to help would be great. jimholland@whtvcable.com I found a few more articles last night on line, It seems like there are so many possibilities, it's kinda cool. Half normaling sounds like it makes much more sense to me. Any opinions?

Archived