Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Univalve line out hums like a mofo?

Tedly Nightshade

Does this happen with other univalves? The line out hums a LOT, especially when turned all the way up, regardless of whether anything is plugged into the front or where the knobs are.

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ted,

I mainly use the line out to send a signal to another amp... Using the UniValve as a pre-amp.

I NEVER turn the line out all the way up... For my use, a small fraction of the output is MORE than enough.

Doing this, I get no hum at all when nothing is plugged into the front of the amp... and a slight bit of normal 60mhz hum with single coils...

Do you get the hum at any output level?

What are you running into?

What tubes are you using?

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

I'm using (2) 12AU7's and a 6L6GC, all JJ's from Eurotubes.

I don't really seem to have this trouble driving another amp. What I'm doing is sending the line out to a DI. The hum persists at all levels, but is proportionally louder as the line out volume is increased. This with it switched to line out.

It hums no matter what I send it to, and I know it's not the tubes. I'm about to call THD and see what's up.

Thanks for the reply!

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Archived