Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lame Band Names

... don't ask this to a guy whose band's name was "TRAX" for 10 years... and then changed the name to "WoM" :D Some names I can remember from other bands i've been with... * The Human Code (Pop Rock) * TaO (Hard Rock) * Beverly Pop :freak: (A weddings band) * Piña Colada (just another weddings band) * N.E.O. (The Never Ending Orgasm) :thu: For a new band, I want this one: * The Beat-Ches :D

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm... Lets see: Razzamatazz Necromancer Flip Side Real-Eyes The Kind Spank Club Spank Visalia Ugh... Some of my favorites that never got used: Chocolate Mayonnaise Cigarette Ice Cream Flea Bitten Varmints Emamon (no name backwards) My uncle had a jazz fusion band in the '70s called Effervescent Vomit. Gotta love that one!

"Meat is the only thing you need beside beer! Big hunks of meat and BEER!!...Lots of freakin' BEER."

"Hey, I'm not Jesus Christ, I can't turn water into wine. The best I can do is turn beer into urine." Zakk Wylde

http://www.hepcnet.net/bbssmilies/super.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_109.gif

I was in a great school group that was basically a show band, put together by my musical mentor and high school choir director. He was a gigging musician of thirty years' experience, aside from having his Ed.D in music education. Really knew his shit. The class name was "Popular Musicianship," and we learned all about the ins and outs of the music biz: studio recording, royalties, professional gigging behavior, sound systems, you name it. Anyhoo, he had a name he used for a hypothetical band whenever he needed to use an example: The Aluminum Puddle. One of these days I'm writing an instrumental called "Aluminum Puddle" and dedicating it to him. Whenever my dad is struggling to remember a band's name, he calls them Nicky Nostril and the Nosepickers. Favorite local band names? How about two 90s bands from Tuscaloosa, AL: an 80s cover outfit called, appropriately, the Cheese Brokers, and an outlaw country (Willie, Waylon, David Allan Coe) band called the Inlaws. I always liked this one punk band's name in town: the Cunning Runts.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

I'll follow Bob Phillips' example and let you decide on my old band names. [i]Eclipse[/i] (first band, 80's pop.. Huey Lewis, The Cars, Rush. BTW, it was the 1980's! :D ) [i]Access Denied[/i] (Original garage rock, eclectic group of covers. We'd do Long Cool Woman, Message In A Bottle and Slow Down {rocked up more than the Beatles version.}) My favorite goof up of our name looked like this: AX/S Deneyed, as in Den-eye-d. Oy! :rolleyes: [i]Lucky Pierre[/i] Named from JC Mellencamp's song, Get A Leg Up. cover band doing 70's and 80's pop-rock. I'll have to ask some buddies about the [i]really[/i] goofy names of other bands I remember being in, but forgot the names! :freak:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

A couple of years back there was a thread about food we would never eat. I believe it was Curve Dominant that came up with one that also could pass as a lame band name: Tuna Smoothie /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

[quote]Originally posted by Mats_Olsson: [b]I believe it was Curve Dominant that came up with one that also could pass as a lame band name: Tuna Smoothie[/b][/quote]"Tuna Smoothie" beats the hell out of most of my and the rest of your crappy band names! :D - Jeff

I was just looking at the musician's classifieds in Milwaukee. A few band names that stuck out: VoKill Agreshin Registered Enemal Blonde Faith Blind Faith (a sk8r punk band, not THE Blind Faith) Blind Faith & Envy (i've actually met this 2-piece band) pr0gstink Apple Core (a beatles tribute)

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Archived