Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Boomerang or Boss Loop Station?

Sunshy

I want to lay down a rhythmic track to play along to during live solo shows at coffee shops. Which one of these sampler pedals are better for that?
"Pray for the dead . . . but fight like hell for the living." Mother Jones

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've had a Boomerang since they first came out and I really like it. It allows for almost seamless looping without pop or clicks regardless of measure length. Check out this page on the Looper\'s Delight site. There are reviews of all the current looping gear available. The Boomerang is one the best, Loop Station not so highly regarded. Click on the picture in my signature to hear some stuff I did with The Rang.

Originally posted by TheWewus:

I've had a Boomerang since they first came out and I really like it. It allows for almost seamless looping without pop or clicks regardless of measure length. Check out this page on the Looper\'s Delight site. There are reviews of all the current looping gear available. The Boomerang is one the best, Loop Station not so highly regarded. Click on the picture in my signature to hear some stuff I did with The Rang.

I notice that the Boomerang is about twice the price of the Roland Loop Station. What is it you don't like about the Roland?

Actually you can get The Boomerang for about $385.00 at RKMusic , so it's not twice as much. The Boomerang is just more geared to live playing. You can control everything including the volume of the loop by foot switch. On the Loop Station you have to bend over and use little knobs to access some of the funtions. Seems like a small thing but try it live sometime, you don't want to be bending over looking for little switches in the dark while holding a guitar. I've also heard the Loop Station is more prone to little hick ups at the start and finish of the loop, The Boomerang rarely does this. The Loop Station does have more features than The Boomerang which is not necessarily a good thing. The Boomerang does one thing well, seamless live looping. Read some of the reviews, both pedals will work for what you want to do,but I think The Boomerang is a better choice.

Thanks for the info gang! I'm going to look at a boomerang tonight (the very FIRST one) so I guess it doedn't have some cool features (can only do one loop, no transposition, etc). The guy is asking $275. How much is it worth? How much would it cost to upgrade? I might just save up and buy a new one from RK music.

P.S. Hey, nice pieces BTW! Never thought to use it with elect.

"Pray for the dead . . . but fight like hell for the living." Mother Jones

Archived