Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Acoustic/Electric Guitars (Godin, Gibson, etc.)

ridger

I've been looking at some acoustic/electric guitars and would like your opinions. I really like the Gibson Chet Atkins SST, but they are rather pricey. I was made aware of a guitar called a Godin A6, which looks very similar to the Chet, but I am not familiar with Godin guitars. What is your opinion about Godin guitars? Are there other acoustic/electric guitars that you would recommend? Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know much about the Godin A/E's but I have a Godin electric and I love it... it is a good high quality guitar and well made. There is a music store near me that carries Godins as well, and I have looked at a few of them there, they all seem to be as good or even better than mine (mine is a few years old and out of production)

And hey, they're CANADIAN, eh?

But there are lots of other options to look at as well... I wouldn't recommend buying a guitar you have not played yourself though...

Good luck!

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

I have a Godin LGX and I am extremely happy. I can't place the A6 off hand. The LGX is primarily an electric with dual humbuckers and a piezo pickup for acoustic emulation. I bought it because of a great deal, used. If I were buying new, I would definitely take a look at Carvin. I would also suggest playing a guitar before you keep it, but Carvin does give a 10 day trial period. I particularly like the versatility Carvin offers on finishes and extras for the guitar. Godin is a top value.

Archived