Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KMD Amps?

PBBPaul

I have this KMD 65-watt solid state amp kicking around my studio. I've had it for several years and use it as kind of a general purpose guitar/keyboard/harp/etc. amp when we need one. The thing seems to be built like a rock. I've put it through a fair amount of abuse and had no trouble at all. I'm just curious; does anyone know anything about these things? I don't believe they're made anymore.

Thanks for any input.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gabriel E. is correct.My cousin and I briefly owned a small music store in the mid/late '80's.We carried the KMD amplifier line.The amps were manufactured in England [possibly made by Laney for Kaman] and were well built and reasonably priced.The all-tube stacks and tube combos actually sounded quite good and were very loud.We sold several of the 30 and 65 watt solid state combos.Very nice amps for the money and inexpensive on the used market.

Ed

USA Hamer Studio,USA Washburn CT-3,USA Washburn MG-120,USA Hamer P-90 Special,customized USA Washburn WM200,US Custom Fender Strat and USA Hamer T-51 "Tele"...all run through Mesa/Boogie,Bedrock and Crate V-Series tube amplifiers.

Thank you for the input. I've actually owned this amp for over ten years. I used to use it quite a bit when I played country. It's been sitting in a corner in my studio for several years now getting occasional use as a keyboard amp or whatever for rehearsals. I had a practice off-site not too long ago and decided to blow the dust off and use this amp because it's so light, small and loud. I'd forgotten how nice the clean channel is for a solid state. The thing is extremely durable as well.

Archived