Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PEAVEY "TUBEFEX"

JAY G.

Are any of you guys aquainted with the Peavey "Tubefex" It's one space rack mount - tube preamp with built in effects. Peavy stopped making it...when they discontinued it I don't know, but it's a really great piece. I'm in need of two of them. If you know of any dealers that have them - I want them.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when that came out. I tried one and the sales guy was going on about how "authentic" the amp sounds were.

No offence, but I thought it sounded terrible. Aside from the laughable amp simulations, the effects were one-dimensional and lifeless. I think the old Alesis Quadreverb is a much better unit.

Try e-bay. I bet you can find these cheap.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Hello G. It sounds like you're talking about a different unit. The Tubefex doesn't have amp simulations in it and the effects in the Tubefex are really great. Peavey has put out a few different units along the line of the Tubefex, one of them being the Transtubefex - which is a solidstate unit. The Tubefex does have different modes such as Clean - Crunch - Lead & Ultra... I've even heard other company representatives say good things about the Tubefex....For example if you go into the Mesa Boogie store in Hollywood and mention another amp those guys will find some way to put it down, but they have only good things to say about the Tubefex. I've had mine since 1996 - it's a cool piece.

I always thought "tubifex" or "tubefex" were these cubes of these little dried up worms that you fed to your fish.

???

=====================================================

#include

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

I always thought "tubifex" or "tubefex" were these cubes of these little dried up worms that you fed to your fish.

That's tubiflex - the worms that is.

Putting a tube guitar amp in your fish tank? Don't try this at home kids.

Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong: James Bryce

Archived