Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Boost pedal suggestions?

Mats Nermark

Hi,

I'm trying to find a good boost in pedal form.

I have tried the Fulltone Fat Boost and Clon Cantaur. Both are very nice but way too much money for me right now.

Any experienced suggestions out here in this flora of competent guitar players?

I welcome all suggestions.

Cheers,

Mats Nermark

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Dano, Boss or Ibanez EQ, set flat with the gain all the way up. You can also use an over drive like a Tube Screamer with the drive all the way down and the Level set to you desired level. You might get some tone alteration with these methods, but I'm willing to bet you wouldn't notice much. The Dano's are partiucularly frugal, but their QC is suspect. All the stories I've heard, though, say that their support is tope notch and faulty units are replaced, no matter how old they are.
I really don't know what to put here.

I think I posted on here recently that a LOT of pedals can be used for clean boost. While my ZVex SHO was designed for that purpose and boosts the signal without coloring it, I can also get a nice "fat" boost with my Voodoo Lab Tremolo pedal by turning everything down except for the volume knob which I turn up. Basically, any pedal with a "volume", "output" or "level" knob should do it.

ZVex also make the Super Duper 2 which is 2 SHO circuits in one pedal. You can use them seperately or cascade one into the other. I HIGHLY recommend anything by ZVex.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Archived