Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Koch amps - a European amp takes on America. Thoughts?

Oscar

http://www.koch-amps.com/gfx/products/Mtc.gif

Koch Amps

Dolf Koch started out as a talented tube repairman/tube guru and quickly proceeded to making his own (handbuilt) models. Previously only known to a handful of very lucky Dutchmen, Koch has been advertising in the US for quite a few months now and has a US distributor.

Koch amps are handbuilt in Holland and are designed to last just about forever. Feature-wise, they are unique as well. What to think, for instance, of a 1x12" all-tube amp with a great-sounding headphone jack (!) and a power attenuator...?

I've played pretty much all of Koch's models and I've come to the conclusion that few, if any, amp company out there is capable of delivering this much quality for such prices (not that Koch's are cheap, though).

Notes:

-I don't play Koch myself because a) I can't afford them and b) they sound fantastic, but it's not my sound (personal preference);

-I once introduced Dolf Koch to Jim Marshall; it;s funny to see that a few years down the line Dolf is making amps that in terms of construction obliterates any Marshall that leaves Milton Keynes:D.

Anywayz, anyone from North America played a Koch yet? Thoughts?

Oscar plays a stock Gibson Les Paul with P90's, a stock Epiphone Alleykat (both strung with .011's with a wound G), a Fender HotRod Deluxe, a Fender Frontman 15 Reverb and a Vox ValveTone.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More tone candy. Expensive tone candy. Nope. Haven't played one. Would love to. Lessee...

Have...

Marshall TSL-122

Marshall 4210

Ampeg VT-22

Want...

Vox AC-30 Top Boost

Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Gibson GoldTone

Top Hat

Matchless

add...

Koch

Then my collection will be complete. Or will it?

Soldano

Bogner

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived