Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Has anyone seen/heard the Holdsworth/Yamaha multi-tap chorus pedal?

Chip McDonald

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked this the other day and got no hits!

The only thing I could dig up was a 4/30 shipping date on Musicians Friend.

It looks like they got a rack with the same guts. The only downside - and it's just a perceptual one is ADA is at 20bit not 24. Typo maybe??

Yeah I'm holding off too. I need something to give 8-voice chorus.

Originally posted by stanner:

the "chorus" effect and its various pedals is the bane of guitar signal paths.

it is the work of the devil and should never see the light of day.

s :)

You do not know how I intend to use it.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

... although I suspect Cereal knows how I'm going to use it, right?

Originally posted by Cereal:

It looks like they got a rack with the same guts. The only downside - and it's just a perceptual one is ADA is at 20bit not 24. Typo maybe??

Yeah I'm holding off too. I need something to give 8-voice chorus.

Welll.. I've still got my Intellifex, and don't intend on selling it. I want the pedal because I consider myself as having 4 basic sounds of which that is neccessary for one of them (let's not discuss the Secret Use of this Device...), and I need that pedal to complete my "portable/combo" rig since I don't want to haul a rack around just for the Intellifex.... I may as well bring my whole rack setup, which defeats the purpose of the combo rig, sooooo......

What kills me is that Line6 isn't hip to it, it would be the perfect additional pedal for them to have - they could even make each tap modelled with a different delay (1 group of Binson echo rec, 1 group of Echoplex, 1 of Roland SDD, 1 or Korg, 1 of Effectron, etc... Or even just 8 taps of Echoplex would be very cool...). Having the 3 presets ala their pedals would be great, but "oh well" - it looks like the Yamaha will suffice.

Chip

I had a grounding problem in my Intellifex and so I offed it thinking it was funky. I bought the Replifex some years later and have the same ground problem. No worries, I've got a workaround. It's still good chorus but I have no way to compare it to Intellifex.

eBay Blackface are getting up there. I see them around $250 as bidding closes. So...no ones ever played the Yamaha but it's a safe bet that it will rock. It seems the street price will be high three's. I'll hold out for it.

I know about the secret use. They're already doing "it" in parts of Germany and South Dakota.

Originally posted by Cereal:

I know about the secret use. They're already doing "it" in parts of Germany and South Dakota.

Germany and South Dakota? Hmm... that sucks, sort of...

Archived