Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Footpedal To Trigger Sampler

Beatheavy

I'm looking to find a way to trigger samples from an Akai s5000.

My band has no keyboard player and my drummer is overwhelmed with the responsibility of triggering up to 10 seperate events in one song.

So i'd like to help him out.

Can anyone suggest a midi foot controller to use.

Would an Rocktron All Access work.

I use the All access w/ a Boogie Triaxis and a replefex.

Thanx alot :thu:

ATOMIX! :evil:

http://www.abc.net.au/common/logos/whtblkgrn.gif

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got an old Lake Bultler RFC-1 foot pedal which is able to write any type of midi message. They went out of business. They were only bought by pro's and their just wasn't that big of market. I don't know of anything knew that directly writes every type of message to pedal board button. Their might be one I just haven't been in the market for one since the Lake Butler solved it so completely for me the last 10 years.

Maybe a Peavey PC1600 with a regular midi foot pedal that does program changes.

I've also got a couple of these. They've always been pretty useful. You could solve it this way to and they're still available. Buttons can be programmed with note messages. Also give you banks of programmable sliders (volume, patch change etc.)

http://www.peavey.com/products/amps_mi/midi/pc1600x.cfm

Maybe add a momentary pedal to one of it's control voltage inputs. Actually that's a little convoluted.

or maybe this.

Roland and Elka make midi Keyboard foot controllers. Take a lot of floor space, though.

You might want to consider just a drum pad like a Roland SP11 or an old Roland OctaPad probably find one cheap through Ebay. He could just hit a pad with a note message that would trigger a sample in one shot mode. This would probably be the easiest way. :)

Archived