Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SILENT PRACTICE

WIDDYWIDDY

I want to buy a setup that allows me to practice without being heard by others. I am looking for a quality solid body guitar very low on bells and whistles. I am not interested in effects or distortion, just a clean sound and easy playability. Is there equipment that would allow me to play directly to headphones? Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best idea I could think of would be to buy a cheap guitar and amp package, if you are beginning out. Samick has one on offer - it is a really cheap guitar, you wont be able to add new strings etc... but it is still a good quality guitar. These guitar and amp packages come with practice amps as well which always have headphone jacks - which you can (obviously) plug headphones into. If you dont have any 1/4 inch headphones, get a 1/4 (guitar plug) to 1/8 (discman headphones) inch converter from an electronics store.

That would be your best choice I think - and that would allow you to play with distortion etc too - the amp would cover that. Check those sort of guitar and amp packages out, eh?

Hope I was of some use. Let me know if you need to know more

Nolly

(PS: Guitar and amp packs go for around $300 AUS. Id unno what that is in american... $150?)

"Money, Bitchez and Cheese!"

http://www.playspoon.com/nollykin/files/voxline.gif

"I never thought about it, and I never stopped to feel -

But I didn't want you telling me just what to think was real.

And as simple as it comes, I only wanted to express-

...But with expression comes regret - and I don't want you hating me."

Archived