Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

<<<<<<<<< No this is not a image of me.. But a full size bust of John Lennon. This photo was taken in Brno, Czech Republic. It was in a hall way to an Optometrist office. I thought it was a art gallery of sorts. Pedestals of famous people with their trademark glasses ..lead right to optometrist offices. C JoGO http://fp2k.redshift.com/cjogo/crystalrecording.htm

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by zele: [b]<<<<<<<<< No this is not a image of me.. [/b][/quote]That's too bad. I've been meaning to form more meaningful relationships with severed, disembodied heads. I thought you could be my first. My avatar isn't me, either. I wish I was that good looking. C'mon everybody, let's hear about your avatars! Good God, I'm bored.

Actually, quite cool. How many famous glasses can you think of? Lessee...Buddy Holly's famous hornrims... Elton John and his thousand different specs... Elvis Costello and his kinda squarish hornrim-type things... Who else? I wasn't trying to just come up with musicians there, but that's the way it seemed to work. Well, I could add Teddy Roosevelt and his Oval granny glasses. Ben Franklin.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Eric--funds may have been low for advertising budget...the store had posthmous celebrities ^^ who's trade mark had been their glasses..but most of the backs of their heads were cropped?? C JoGo http://fp2k.redshift.com/cjogo/crystalrecording.htm

[quote]Originally posted by Botch.: [b]Bono's wraparounds. He ripped 'em off from Yoko Ono, who ripped 'em off from my great aunt Gertrude. No idea what Roy Orbison would've looked like without his specs.[/b][/quote]Of course! Roy Orbison! Actually, Roy's glasses were "Coke Bottles" that were darkened to hide that coke bottle look. He must have had horrible eyesight, poor guy. Well, then, Elvis wore some fancy aviators from time to time. And, of course, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, and Geordie LaForge.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

[quote]Originally posted by eljefe: [b]My avatar isn't me, either. I wish I was that good looking. [/b][/quote]But it's very cool. "No....they said I could....but last year I didn't.....gimme back my stapler.....let me just burn the place down...." DOH! Gotta watch those mumbling people. My avatar is my three cats. Sitting on my comfy recliner. They are a bit confused about recliner ownership status. My dog wasn't in the picture. --Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

[quote]Originally posted by Botch.: [b]No idea what Roy Orbison would've looked like without his specs.[/b][/quote]I think Roy Orbison was an albino (no BS). I think the thick glasses were to hide the fact that his eyes were really close together. bob

Archived