Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A revolution? I think so! Line6's GuitarPort!

Oscar

It's here!

http://www.line6.com/guitarport/DeepDive/DD-Tone-AmpModels/Amp-53fedner-full.jpg

This thing is basically Line6's famed AmpFarm (a ProTools plugin, but who can afford ProTools anyway??) on your own damn PC!

Read all about it here .

Suggested US Retail price $ 230,-.

Oscar plays a stock Gibson Les Paul with P90's, a stock Epiphone Alleykat (both strung with .011's with a wound G), a Fender HotRod Deluxe, a Fender Frontman 15 Reverb and a Vox ValveTone.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The site says it includes looping. How would this compare to say, a Boomerange phrase sampler, which allows for three to four minute loops and more than one loop, on top of that? The Boomerang, you trigger via the footswitches. How could you trigger loops from this Line6 thing? Forgive my lack of knowledge about gear.

Is this device 'unfit' for use with an acoustic guitar?

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

I had a chance to play this at NAMM. I think it sounds much better than the Pod and Pod Pro. The Vox amp sims are great! I don't think it does looping, but what it does do is let you play to backing tracks for several popular songs (i.e., Hendrix, Cream, Ozzy). I wouldn't buy the Guitar Port for this feature alone, but the amp models are well worth the price.

That's funny, I played it and thought it was impressive, but not exciting. The graphics certainly look great. I immediately dialed up some delay, hoping to hear a cool Line6 tape or analog simulation, but it was of the plain digital delay variety.

I wasn't able to pester the rep to find out some basic stuff, like how the output of the Guitar Port streams into DAW applications, and if there's significant latency using it that way. Anyone know?

Archived