Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I need any information about the EBow.

funkyskull

I am designing a type of EBow improvement. First I need to figure out the wiring inside. I need to know wire widths, coil sizes, distance between magnets and anything else. If you know something you can tell me or can direct me somewhere, that would be great.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I could help you but I've never taken one of mine apart before. I can think of a few improvements too. First, I wish they made them like the original chrome models. I thought they glided over the strings much easier and they seemed a little larger overall and fit my hand a lot better. And while I'm happy to see the edition of the switch for an upper harmonic I certainly would like to see it on the front of the unit somewhere where I can hit it while playing. Perhaps a push switch would be better for that and then keep the back switch simply for off/on status.

Oh, and you might want to look around; this is probably just a rumour but I heard they tried making a few double-ebows for peddal steal players so they could bow two strings at once.

BTW, if anyone has an old chrome ebow in great shape I'd sure be willing to swap you for my new one.

Archived