Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Digi 001/M-Box killer?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reagarding ProTools, I have a few questions: 1. How many ProTools users are actually using Logic or Cubase with Digi hardware? 2. How crippled is PT free compared to LE? 3. My impression is that the monitoring funcionality of the M-Box sucks. Is this true? /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

[quote]Originally posted by Mats_Olsson: [b] 2. How crippled is PT free compared to LE? [/b][/quote]Hardware-wise and functionality-wise,VERY!!The software is pretty similar though.M-Audio's stuff works brilliant with Sonar though.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

I'm surprised at the 4-in/10-out configuration: once one records into a computer, don't most home recordists use effects and mixing within the computer, instead of bussing it out into a large hardware mixer and then back into the computer? I'd have much more use for a 10-in/4-out configuration. :confused:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

[quote]Originally posted by Botch.: [b]I'm surprised at the 4-in/10-out configuration: once one records into a computer, don't most home recordists use effects and mixing within the computer, instead of bussing it out into a large hardware mixer and then back into the computer? I'd have much more use for a 10-in/4-out configuration. :confused: [/b][/quote]Remember, it's FireWire so you can have it on a LapTop as long as it has a Firewire port, so portability is the name of the game. Hey, it's bus-powered ;) ... you can actually record wherever you want it ! Its EIGHT analog outputs are intended mainly for: (1) live multitrack playback (2) Surround apps up to 7.1 There are 2 additional coaxial/optical S/PDIF outputs. TWO ins are provided with MIC preamps so anyone acan afford to record "on the go" with a Laptop (just like the M-Box, or M-Audio's DUO). An extra pair of coaxial/optical S/PDIF input are provided too, to allow digital transfers.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Archived