Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

vibrato bar blues...

stanner

well, every year or two i bust a twang bar-this time it is broken off w/ just a little stuck in the hole,that i cant get to-guess i'm taking it to my tech.

my question to y'all-any tricks or secrets to keep me from breaking those 'weak' bars? i admit i'm a ham fisted abuser of guitars!

and this is probably the price i pay.

s

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by stanner:

y'all-any tricks or secrets to keep me from breaking those 'weak' bars? i admit i'm a ham fisted abuser of guitars!

and this is probably the price i pay.

s

Have you tried a stainless steel replacement?

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

I had the same problem. I'm using a schecter trem block in my '62 now. It's brass and chrome plated and has an insert in the block that can be backed out and replaced. I've had it for over a decade, they may still sell them. The bar is real tuff steel haven't broke one off since. Still trying to get the vibrator bar stub out of my original '62 Strat trem block though.

I may be stating the obvious, but have you tried to use an "easy out" to remove the stub. It's basically a tapered reverse threaded screw. You drill a small pilot hole into the stub and scew the easy out into it. As the threads bite into the metal of the stub in the reverse threaded direction the stub screws out. If you don't have the stuff at home, your guitar tech should be able to do it for you.
But never fear, you're safe with me... Well maybe. - Les

Archived