Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alternative to POD

not coaster MODERATOR

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got POD, and I've also got the Sans Amp GT-2. I like the GT-2 better for 1 main reason - chunky guitar sound. On the POD the low end is not as tight as the GT-2 when I play Pantera-ish stuff. Granted, the Sans Amp doesn't model as many amps or have fx, etc. But if you want the best 'heavy' guitar sound, I'd go with Sans Amp Gt-2 over POD.

My friend recently got the new Sans Amp Tria (i think its called)...Hated it! But check out the GT-2.

• 2 weeks later...
I recommend two good choices (better than the POD in my humble opinion): Johnson J-Station w/ Version 2 software, or the Digitech Genesis 3 (lets you combine more than one amp/cab combination into your own sounds). VERY cool. :D
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

I just blew some minds last night in my little garage studio with my itty bitty Pro Jr. mic'd up in one of my doghouses. Cranked with the right guitar, its killer. Its a wonderful alternative to POD....but I still use POD...great tool.
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Archived