Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What new stuff are you listening to?

Kendrix

Thanks for the pointers.

Based on this thread Ive piked up some Bloody Valentine and the new ELO. Both were good investments.

The bloody valentine stuff is interesting - tho i'd preferr a cleaner recording sonically.

I've also just been turned onto the Jayhawks. Great songs. Fairly tame sound, not overly guitarish - somewhat reminisent of the band - but very good songwriting

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been listening to the new Eric Johnson (Alien Love Child) and the new Grant Green stuff they have been releasing, like the Complete Sessions With Sonny Clark and I Want to Hold Your Hand. Both on Blue Note. The new Jeff Beck record

as well.

Two months ago I blew the speakers out of my truck playing Creed's new CD. Right now I'm stuck on Travis Tritt's new one "Down the Road I Go". Good stuff.

Before that it was SRV "Blues at Sunrise". I love that riff in the intro to "Leave My Girl Alone".

Had the opportunity to see Jeff Beck in concert last year. I've never heard so much emotion coming thru a guitar.

I don't don't find Jeff particularily attractive. Infact he's kinda scary looking. But after leaving the theater, I felt liking having a cigarette. What a release. :rolleyes:

I seem to be having trouble with the new forum. It double posted on me. I can't delete the post so I'll just add so more stuff.

Kelly Joe Phelps and Alison Krause are in the CD player at home.

[ 11-01-2001: Message edited by: oxford ]

Archived