Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

gerlitz amps

jnorman

have any of you heard of, or tried the new handmade gerlitz amps? they are made here in salem, oregon, by an old friend who used to do very fine custom guitar work. he had them at the recent NAMM, and had many techs there ooh'ing and aahh'ing over the fine craftsmanship and electronics. i wll be trying one out this week, but wondered if anyone has had a chance to put one through its paces yet. their website is here - http://www.gerlitzamps.com/home.html

jnorman

sunridge studios

salem, oregon

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope that first post didnt sound like i was hyping harvey's new amps - i just happen to know the guy since i bought a 78 strat from him several years ago, and i ran into him out at home depot the other day and he told me about his new business making amps, and the nice reviews he got at the recent NAMM. i had a chance to check out one of the new gerlitz amps, and i have to say it is surely one of the finest pieces of gear i have ever seen. the electronics assembly is a pure work of art, and looks like it was built by NASA. the sound is delectible from smooth clean to finely controlled harmonic distortion levels - simply outstanding. not cheap, though, as it is basically entirely built by hand. anyway, if there any true fanatics out there, you need to check out these things.

jnorman

sunridge studios

salem, oregon

jnorman

sunridge studios

salem, oregon

Archived