Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

POD users -- its not a sin!

dvergar

Have lots of amps, love my Marshall Plexi the best. I have Pod Pro and Pod and Bass Pod. I don't like the Digital outs but the xlr outs thru my Aphex Tubessence really works well. I get the sound then gain stage with the Tubessence gain controls. Don't like the Pod Pro better then the amps for live though. It's really t tube power amps to push speakers live that works for me. The Pods seem to record real well. Though sometimes it's hard to keep perspective of gain staging between different elements when recording and mixing that is usually easy to see when using Mics and live rooms to record bands.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say using a POD is a sin - it's using a tool that serves a purpose.

I'd never argue that the POD is as good as the real thing (or a drum machine, which I also use), but for me that's not the point. I have a family and I also have neighbors, so cranking up and micing a nice amp (or playing a real drum kit - God I miss that) just isn't possible. Without tools like my POD and drum machine I'd no longer be able to enjoy playing and recording, so I can't afford to be too concerned with impressing the tone snobs out there http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif.

If my situation was the same as when I was playing while in college then things would be different, but that was many years ago. So, I just adapted with the tools that are available to me now.

--------------------

Dave O.

Originally posted by strat0124:

Also I heard some of you mention to use two PODs....doesn't it have stereo outs

strat0124,

I use two pods sometimes, not to get two stereo tracks, but to get two amp sounds simultaniously. Many famous players love the multi-amp setup, Eric Johnson, Santana, SRV, Trower, and many others.

I love to mix a clean and distorted sound... two PODS make it EASY.

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

"You cannot petition the lord with prayer!"-Jim Morrison

...sorry, momentary lapse... sin-no... fact is, alot of great

records have been made with such devices...

Alot of it is the feel... they don't feel as good as a nice

cranked amp... and part of this is the fact that a cranked amp

helps you pound the dickens out of the guitar.

I myself don't use pod(I feel it's a sin)! ...just kidding

Whenever I want faux amp tones I'm deploying STOMP

Stomp doesn't just work on the surface, but goes in and rips

those amp tones out by the roots.

...it's just that too many pods are out there... and we have to

put a stop to this somewhere!

So be bold... be different... don't just pod..... STOMP

Also STOMP can be applied to your favorite Osama Bin Lauden.

Just apply STOMP directly to the affected area!

OK. OK. I'm stopping now... or is that stomping now!

October 2 is the scheduled release date for the new Vox modeler. If it's half as good as they say it is then I will part with $700 and put it to work right away. I've already got a nice iso box but it's not quite big enough for the new Vox. I'm hoping the direct tone is of high quality.

From what I've gathered the Vetta has similar tone as current Line 6 amps except that the internal processing is better. So if you don't like Line 6 now then Vetta may not do it for you either.

Archived