Jump to content


Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another favorite thread...


Tedster

Recommended Posts

I asked this awhile ago, but since we've acquired a few new folks...I thought I'd ask again.

 

Hot cars and cool guitars...what's your favorite combination?

 

I'll go with a Brian Setzeresque '57 Chevy 2 door hardtop in root beer brown with a Gretsch White Falcon...(not what Setzer plays but who cares...)

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"
Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'55 Chevy, candy apply red, matching color for the dash, red and white roll and tuck seat cover, drop in the largest V-8 that will fit under the hood, Hearst shifter.

 

or

 

a '69 Dodge Charger

 

with any sunburst electric guitar (easy to say since I only have a natural acoustic). Second choice of guitar color is orange and blue!

There are two theories about arguing with a woman. Neither one works.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by gatorwing@aol.com:

Second choice of guitar color is orange and blue!

 

Not bad 'cept for this. Orange and blue? What kind of color scheme is THAT? Sounds like a Howard Johnsons or something...YUCCHCHHCH...Garnet and Gold would be much better... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Tedster:

Hot cars and cool guitars...what's your favorite combination?

 

At one point I had a white '68 Chevelle SS396, a '68 Marshall Super Tremelo and a white Kramer 1st gen Pacer Carerra.

 

Got rid of the car. Going fast in a straight line was boring.

 

Now I'm leaning towards a '95 Prelude or maybe a 94 Integra, and a Suhr.

 

ALTHOUGH I'D PREFER

 

a Ferrari F2001 and probably still the aforementioned Suhr. I suppose a Porsche Boxter-S or GT2 would suffice with a Tom Anderson drop top. Or for the retro angle, an AC Cobra and a nice '57 Strat. No, actually there's a specific '56 I know of in Florida I want that unfortunately belongs to "someone who plays in an extreamly famous band" who probably isn't willing to donate it to my charity organization GChipG (Give Chip Guitars). Oh well.

 

------------------

New and Improved Music Soon: http://www.mp3.com/chipmcdonald

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

 

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man alive Tedster! I'd have trouble picking just one.

For American muscle cars...an early B-body hemi.

For sports cars... a mid 50's Bugati.

For classics... a late 30's Lincoln Zephyr w/ the in line 12.

I love the Brit offerings too but hate the electronics.(Lucas.. Father of darkness..)

Electric fiddle a 6/12 Ric

Acoustic fiddle a 12 Yairi

Classical fiddle one of the 7 Benito Bolongneses'

r

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blast Tedster!

I just missed you again!

7minutes after I post and your still up...

Well dude, I gotta start slowin' down on these 3 times a week road trips to

m.c. Southfield on Fri. Sourhfield,flint, Saginaw, on Tues. and Flint,Ecorse on Thursday........Whew! I thought web based business'

were supposed to be home oriented! May be in St.Louis in the middle of the month, how far from Graceland ala Tedster will that be?

 

Rick (I'll most likely drive my classic mini-van, sos I kin impress ya'll wit my coolness!!!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by rosespappy:

Blast Tedster!

I just missed you again!

7minutes after I post and your still up...

Well dude, I gotta start slowin' down on these 3 times a week road trips to

m.c. Southfield on Fri. Sourhfield,flint, Saginaw, on Tues. and Flint,Ecorse on Thursday........Whew! I thought web based business'

were supposed to be home oriented! May be in St.Louis in the middle of the month, how far from Graceland ala Tedster will that be?

 

Rick (I'll most likely drive my classic mini-van, sos I kin impress ya'll wit my coolness!!!)

 

Comin' to St. Louis, huh? Well, St. Louis is quite a ways from where I live, it's about a four hour drive down I-70 to Kansas City. If you're reaaally bored, of course, you're still more than welcome to swing by...kinda outta the way, though. One of these days we oughta be coming back up to the Wolverine State (odd, lived there all that time, and never saw a Wolverine, 'cept'n of course on the gridiron...) at some point...so we'll keep in touch...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Tedster:

I asked this awhile ago, but since we've acquired a few new folks...I thought I'd ask again.

 

Hot cars and cool guitars...what's your favorite combination?

 

I'll go with a Brian Setzeresque '57 Chevy 2 door hardtop in root beer brown with a Gretsch White Falcon...(not what Setzer plays but who cares...)

 

I'll second the white falcon....but I'd have to have a mid to late forties Packard......either that or a 65 Coupe De Ville.

Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Tedster:

...Garnet and Gold would be much better... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

 

 

I don't think a G & G colored guitar would actually play. Best just to throw it into the Swamp and watch it drown!!!!

There are two theories about arguing with a woman. Neither one works.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by gatorwing@aol.com:

I don't think a G & G colored guitar would actually play. Best just to throw it into the Swamp and watch it drown!!!!

 

 

Hmmm, historically, weren't gators a primary hunted food source of the Seminoles? I mean, once in awhile a gator'd get lucky and chomp on a 'Nole, but I'm sure a lot of the other happened, too...

 

Speaking of which...I saw a totally disgusting thing in the newspaper about hurricanes...something about number one? As far as I'm concerned they'll always be "number two"...hahahaha....Yechhhh...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Tedster:

Hmmm, historically, weren't gators a primary hunted food source of the Seminoles?

 

I think the 'Noles were too timid to hunt Gators, unless they wandered upon the field. But then the Gators would chomp, juke, and tear mercilessly into the 'Noles; until the Tallahassee lasses were bowden over and went limping home. The S'purrier team always wins!!!!

There are two theories about arguing with a woman. Neither one works.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...