Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's your favorite guitar color?

michael saulnier

Tedster, I thought mine was strung wrong when I first got it (bought used in '73). Wrote Rick and they said that was the way Mr. McGuinn and Mr. Harrison liked their 12's strung. I left it alone. It does allow the octaves to ring through more to my ear, but I'm somewhat delusional. Yeah, the tail piece is a bit wacky, but I can usually slip my pinky under to guide the string into the place it needs to go. (got skinny fingers eh)

That would have been a good show to see Lee. Saw the Byrds back in 73 or 4 when all that was left was McGuinn and Carlos was playing drums. They played with Commander Cody and the Earl Scruggs Revue. Still enjoyed the show, but would have liked to see the Crosby, Hillman, Clarke, McGuinn line up or even with Gene too.

------------------

Visit BooneRock.net - Play the Rustech Blend'r-great amp, great tone!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by nrg music:

Ok fav colors

I have a gold top ( deeply fab and highly sensual) a standard with a flame maple top ( ultimately sexual ) a custom in black ( bad ass s.o.b) a cherry sunburst standard ( nice but doesn't turn me on, even tho its great to play) Yamaha acc in honeyburst looks unlike me very sofisticated mate!! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Simon

Simon- when are you gunna get with it and buy a real man's guitar.

Don't you know that Leo Fender reached perfection in 1961 with the stratocaster. (Olympic White)

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

How the hell are ya man.

By the by - all of the support from you Brit's regarding the Trade Towers shure is amazing. On Top of that it seems that your Tony Blair is quite a stand up fellow.

Tootle pip!

BK

PINK Yea that's right buddy I said pink!

...You gotta problem with that?

I have a pink strat that I played for yrs

Some big men thought they were gonna give me trouble 'bout it.

I just tell 'em that if you don't like pink... you got somethin'

wrong with ya... some of my best friends are pink... and their names

ain't floyd neither. I still use pinky a bit but I left Strat land

about a yr ago to go back to Gibson. On my gigs I mostly play a big

'ol sunburst ES 135 nowadays. ...It was a hell of a transition weening

meeself of Strats...way worse than quittin' smokin' ...but the effort

has been worth it. Don't get me wrong...I love Strats...still love 'em

...but there's so damn many Strat stranglers out there that I just decided

I wanted something different I had this 135 sittin' around for years

gettin' paid fer doin' nothin'... had to change pickups(p100s=shit)

And now I'm a happy guy... really have fun! Oh! Oh! the Central

Scrutinizer says it's time to go! Bye.

I've got a couple of natural acoustics and a couple of sunburst Gibsons, you know the old bit with no red. Most of my electrics are black, altho I had an artist air brush a red highlight around a black custom guitar that I made which is shaped sort of like a Musiclander. Also made a really silly guitar out of a Carvin neck on a stick with alder wings. I painted the thing metal flake sapphire blue and put a pearloid 'mother of toilet seat' pick guard on it. Pretty happinin' thang, that one.

Darn, am I ever glad to talk about guitars over here. My favorite color is one that got stolen from me. It was on a 1984 Rick 360wb/12, and was Azureglow (pale blue-gorgeous) I had a 360v64/12 made for me last year in turquoise with an R tailpiece instead of the trapeze. Its even cooler really cause its got toasters in it.

Archived