Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

*Butthead mode on* YES! YES! YES!

If I don't see you there, you are a la-HOOOOO-zer. Jane's Addiction, Incubus, Queens, Audioslave Announce New Lollapalooza Tue Feb 11, 8:57 PM ET (2/11/03, 6 p.m. ET) -- Jane's Addiction, Incubus, Queens Of The Stone Age, Audioslave, and Jurassic 5 made it official in Los Angeles Monday (February 10): Lollapalooza is back. After five years gone, the storied, highly successful alt-rock-minded road show will return to major North American cities in July and August. Lollapalooza co-founder and Jane's frontman Perry Farrell (news) explained why now is the right time for its return. "We took a rest, and it's never a bad idea to take a rest, especially when you're exhausted, and think about things and re-strategize and wait for, I would call it, the perfect wave, you know?" Farrell said. "You sit out in a lineup, you wait for the waves to come, the waves come in sets. You know, at this time with the music industry the way it is and the bands that are out there and our availability, it just seems like this was the perfect wave." "I'm sitting on a hell of a wave right here, right now," Jane's guitarist Dave Navarro (news) added, referring to the members of the fellow bands that joined his group for the press conference. The mid-day event, open to the public at Hollywood's Amoeba Records, was preceded by a three-song performance by Jane's Addiction. The full-electric set included the new songs, "Suffer Some" and "Wrong Girl," as well as the fan favorite, "Jane Says." For the latter, the quartet was joined by Incubus members Brandon Boyd (news), Mike Einziger, and Jose Pasillas. Tour routing and further additions to the lineup will be announced in the coming weeks. Currently, there are 28 confirmed destinations (in alphabetical order): Atlanta; Boston; Chicago; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Columbus; Dallas; Denver; Detroit; Hartford, Connecticut; Holmdel, New Jersey; Houston; Indianapolis; Kansas City; Los Angeles; Miami; Milwaukee; New York; Pittsburgh; Philadelphia; Phoenix; Raleigh, North Carolina; St. Louis; San Diego; San Francisco; Toronto; Virginia Beach, Virginia; and Washington D.C. Lollapalooza was the premiere summer tour in the '90s and has served as the prototype for the modern-day music festival. Alumni include Pearl Jam, the Beastie Boys, Rage Against The Machine (news - web sites), Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day, and Metallica (news - web sites).

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least I'd pay to see the Lolla. Much better roster of major and up and coming acts than OzzFest. Perry Farrell's got the right mindset for this kind of festival IMO, Sharon and John (aka OZZY) don't (with the exception of a few bands like Meshuggah, a really good, if noisy, band of Swedes who can crush the nu-metallers anytime). Not only that, Lolla's sideahows are generally very interesting.

Archived