Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Which Stomp Boxes

Dr Teeth

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Boss Blues Driver a lot. Has a great overdrive sound, yet sounds natural at both extremes of the guitar.

The Sansamp GT2 pedal has a variety of clean and distorted sounds and tube amp simulations, and it would be my first choice of a pedal to use with guitar, bass, synthesizers, drum machines, etc. Very versatile and relatively inexpensive considering how much can be done with it. Yamaha DG Stomp is worth considering too. I've only used it on guitar but was very impressed.

This message has been edited by SteveRB on 08-20-2001 at 12:25 AM

my most-used pedal is a Big Muff overdrive that sounds great on everything (mine's actually a Big Muff II).

#2 is a boss pitch shifter/delay (ps-2). it's a mono 1-tap 2-second delay and a pitch shifter. it makes some insane noises, especially when knob-fiddling in real time.

i've got a digitech talker too, and a $40 (used) DOD envelope filter that i like to sneak in.

check out those multi-effect pedalboards (zoom, digitech) too- they're better than they used to be. also the line6 pod- not exactly a "stomp box", but cheap & good.

Archived