Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

chip,Khan,Ted et all can you help?

nrg music

I guess I oughta clarify one thing, I still eat red meat, but I eat it in moderation. Plus most of the grain fed beef in this country is loaded up with steroids from hell, that goes for chicken, pork, and some fish and shellfish products.

I know for a fact that anything you either take into your body or come into contact with has to be processed by your liver. Some foods are easier to digest than others......and that in itself is stress. So I don't see how eliminating or reducing a substance that causes stress can do anything but good. But as Lee said you can go overboard.

There is a reason why people throughout history have fasted, because it's a purification rite. Brings clarity of thought. Among other things.

After seeing your post I went back into my archives of magazines, because I remember seeing an article about a banjo picker who was a regular on Hee Haw of all places, who got MS. He started doing repetitive finger exercises both on the fretboard, and on any surface. Also doing cadences with his fingers...anything to try to maintain motion. I'm not sure if he beat it or not, this was an old article. But since then some have gotten their dental fillings removed and gotten porcelin fillings as replacements, and have started to improve. I hope and pray you find some resolve.

Gene

Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by strat0124:

I guess I oughta clarify one thing, I still eat red meat, but I eat it in moderation.

I don't eat red meat, but I'll eat chicken and fish.

My reasoning?

I don't want to eat something that might come to me if I call it's name, or could potentially be a friend. Pretty gross concept.

Regardless, there's enough hormones and antibiotics in meat that it's amazing we need a health care system at all...

I now actually avoid milk. Yes, milk, unless it is organic.

Why?

I stumbled across some farm supply web pages a few weeks ago. It was interesting seeing how you can buy bulk antibiotics and hormones - in 50 lb. bales - and things like "Stop Pus" to *reduce* - *not ELIMINATE* - pus from your milk production (due to using BST (bovine growth hormone). Made me pretty sick to see the "behind the scenes" version of things.

If you want to become a vegetarian, go to the following link:

http://www.grandin.com/

This is the web page for one of the few *functioning autistics* on the planet, a woman named Temple Grandin.

It would appear her "gift" is DESIGNING SLAUGHTERHOUSES. She has links on her page where she explains designs in the most dry and detached (she's autistic, mind you, although mildly: Augsberger's Syndrome) manner, really .. disturbing things. I stumbled upon her page a few years ago after finding the notion of functioning autistics to be an interesting thing; I had already pretty much became a red meat-vegetarian by that point, but her web page is the most... disturbing page I've seen on the net (and I've seen A LOT).

.. AND NOW FOR THE PUNCH LINE:

Guess where she tests a lot of her designs out? For the "humane" harvesting of cattle?

As it turns out, good 'ol AUGUSTA GEORGIA.

Seems like if there's anything you want to do that the rest of the country might have a problem with, you can do it here and it'll just be a great "job opportunity". Regardless, the smell of boiling blood in the air when you walk out your front door is pretty nauseating when you realize what it is.

Oh well.

------------------

New and Improved Music Soon: http://www.mp3.com/chipmcdonald

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

Archived