Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

where can I cop some good sheet?

Skip_dup1

I had a co-worker a while back whose son knew a website where you could donwload sheet music for a lot of songs. there`s a lot of music I would love to play, but you either have to buy a whole darn compilation to get it, or it`s just not available. Anybody know a site where you can grab some NEW music sheets? I know some of the sites are `best guess` transcriptions, but that`s okay too.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume you are wiliing to buy the downloads since music is copyrighted of course. I've seen free song lyrics with chord symbols but I haven't seen any real lead sheets available. I'll look around and see if I can find anything. What particular songs or artists are youl looking for? This will help a search.

------------------

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

My Music: www.javamusic.com/freedomland

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

I just did a couple of quick searches. I noticed that with the exception of a lot of classical music most of the stuff available is either not current or not even familiar. In other words I saw a lot of songs I never heard of, except the classical stuff. It seems a little strange that there are no real publishers offering lead sheets for contemporary pop songs for sale though. They may want to limit piracy by only making printed music available.

------------------

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

Thanks, gtrmac

Ya, of course I`d be okay on paying, I just don`t want to have to deal with a whole stupid anthology to get one or two songs I`m interested in.

I don`t understand why this no doubt invaluable service for working musicians isn`t all over-how is someone gonna pirate the music if you hafta pay first? at worst it would be no different than running off a duly purchased lead sheet in a copier.

I thought I saw a news story about a machine in some music stores, where you select a title and artist, put your money in and it prints the sheet right there. Anybody hear about it?

Anyway, either `Hit the ground Running` by Tim Finn or `Barely Breathing` by Duncan Shiekh (sp?), or anything from the last Steely Dan CD would do just fine. Thanks for looking

Well it seems strange that no one has created a service which allows you to purchase and download current and standard popular music. Seems like a pretty good business waiting to happen. I'm sure the licensing of copyrights would be complex at best but it surprises me that the major publishers haven't tried something. Maybe nobody reads music anymore. I suspect that publishers want to keep only hard copies available, maybe they think it somehow makes it less likely to be copied or something equally illogical. Somebody should do it though it would make things a lot more convenient for gigging musicians and students.

------------------

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

Archived