Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Check out Transmission OK yet?

BrianMcLeod

Blues Saraceno is one of my absolute favorite players alive so I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the "Band Thing" for Blues.

I like it alot but I'm already a fan.

His vocals are sorta Danzig-like but in a cool way. He sings with power and conviction but his vibrato is much better in his fingers..

I hear a few spots on the album where the budget and constraints of recording at home were probably limiting to Blues' imagination. I am so totally picking nits now it's nut funny but there's a few cuts where I expected the mix to open up with more instrumentation or "bigness" for the chorus or a brdge or something but the new deminsion of mellow vintage keys is great and I love that shit. We seem to have such a similar taste in music and choice of notes and direction I think it just resonates with us both in the same key

Blues is the best and I wish him great success with this band. He really deserves it. I am inspired by his sticking to his guns in a very artist-hostile business environment these days.

So go check it and and post what you think... Is this the first you've heard of Blues Saraceno?

Brian McLeod

Miami, Florida

http://pisces.com/mp3

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived