Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey I just won a guitar!

ian1642605905

Hey guys,

I just won the AMS monthly giveaway!It happened to be an Ibanez AE series guitar!I'm a drummer so I don't know squat about it!Is it a decent guitar?Is it worth buying an amp for?I've never won anything like that so I'm happy regardless!Guess now I have a reason to learn guitar!

ian*

ian*

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well you could give it to me for a period to evaluate, then I could give you an honest opinion. : )

Congrats......play Lotto.....you're on a roll.

Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Originally posted by ian*:

Is it a decent guitar?Is it worth buying an amp for?

I'm not really a fan of Ibanez guitars, so I don't know if the AE is one of there "good" ones or not. But hey... any guitar you get for free is worth the price you paid! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif Pick up a cheap amp and have some fun with it! The worst that can happen is that you decide you don't like it, and you sell it and the amp on eBay or something. You would get back the price of the amp, and probably a few bucks in your pocket too.

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

That's an acoustic-electric guitar right? So you shouldn't really need a n amp. It's a decent guitar and it's probably in the $300-$500 range. If anything, it'll be useful around the campfire.

Gabriel

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Oh... DUH! It didn't even occur to me that "AE" would stand for Acoustic Electric. Luckily, Gabriel is right on the ball! Yeah... screw getting an amp, just kick back and have some fun with your new guitar.

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

Sorry I can't bring myself to share your joy.

It figures, really. I play guitar for more than 20 years, enter every gear contest imaginable, and a friggin' DRUMMER WINS THE DAMN GUITAR!!!!

Just kiddin', man. Have fun w/that puppy. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Steve

(filling out yet another postcard...)

Archived