Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Shadow Pickups

Lil James

Hi, Im going to be buying a crafter electric acouctic guitar. im just wondering if electro acoustic guitars are any good because ive never tried one but it would be ideal for me if they are actually any good and seem very practical, also from the magazine its in i cant seen any pickups on it then it said it uses shadow pickups what are these and how are they different to regular pickups, should i buy this?

--------------

Lil James

--------------

just asking...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many years ago, I had a "Shadow" soundhole pickup for one of my acoustic guitars. It was not very impressive, but there weren't a lot of affordable options out there at the time. I don't have any idea if these are the "shadow pickup" that you are refering to. You might do a search at google.com for shadow pickups and see what comes up.

As far as acoustic/electrics, there are many on the the market that have excellant sound. I currently own (and play live) an Ovation 1868 Elite acoustic/electric that sounds fantastic.

I would recommend an acoustic/electric over a soundhole pick up any day. Most acoustice electrics come with an onboard preamp (usually volume and EQ, sometimes built in tuner).

I would also have to say that you should probably check out what's available in your price range in both pickups and guitars. They may have much better soundhole pickups out now. The best thing you can do is educate yourself.

Info is knowledge...knowledge is power.

good luck

greed

As far as I am concerned, you can't beat Fishman!!!

Great sounding pickups and you have lot of options...

Even affordable guitars sometimes have one of those...

If it sounds god, just play the darn thing

Archived