Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Thoughts on grade 5 conservatory exam

Well, my first thought after taking this exam last week was "I probably failed that!". But I just found out that I did pass, so, whats it like to sit for one of these? Well, you can't be prepared enough, I have performed for literally thousands of people in the past ten years, with barely a nervous tremor, and fairly few mistakes. So, I go in front of one person for this test and start making stupid mistakes and forgetting whole passages of songs! Overall, I played through 3 of my required pieces without a major problem, the other two were, well, bad. I played a couple of the scales wrong and forgot one completely(even though I had played all required scales several times a day for months leading up to this test).

Forunately the people who test you are used to this and somehow can sort out what is a nervous mistake and what is basic un-preparedness( I guess) Anyway, I have been teaching about 35 people a week to play guitar for the past couple of years, now I feel better qualified, and I filled in some of the holes that were in my playing technique,

Jim in Canada http://www.mp3.com/jimgraham

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived