Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

[b]I love the NBA!![/b] This is a fun season, too. I don't get caught up in comparing players or eras. I like the game, its history, and the drama. Here are some of my favorite things about this season so far: [b]Artest/Harpring[/b] I knew Ron Artest was good, but I had no idea he would be so huge when Reggie was injured. And he seems to be keeping it up. He doesn't even know what a "bad boy" is. And Harpring- I didn't even know who he was until a few months ago. Two great surprises. [b]Jermaine O'Neal[/b] I'm not a Pacer homer, but he deserves mentioning. I thought he was being a baby when he complained about playing time in Portland behind all those other guys. I figured he deserved to go to Indiana and play out of position at center- that'll teach him to complain. But when Reggie's brother Brad ;) got shipped, O'Neal perked right up. One of my favorite players. [b]The Lakers are rolling[/b] A slow start from these guys was just perfect. Now we get to see them play hard midseason. Do you see that huge yellow truck in your rearview mirror? That's not a truck. I would like to see someone else in the finals from the West this year, but not without the Yellows blowing adrenaline all over the court. People are getting scared. [b]Blazers[/b] Speaking of scared... I'm guessing no one is more scared that Portland fans right now, because everyone is saying that the Blazers are hot and could go all the way. If people keep saying that, these guys could actually [i]lose[/i] confidence. I think it might be time for a felony. Who's up next, Sabonis? I like the red jerseys- reminds me of Drexler. [b]Grant Hill[/b] Now this is just sad. In 20 years, no one will remember Grant Hill. He could have been a legend. I'm still pulling for him, though. Too bad the Magic had to give up Ben Wallace for him. They could have kept Outlaw and the draft pick that became Amare Stoudemire. [b]Jordan's last year- really[/b] He seems like a humble guy. I wonder if he didn't do the fake retirements to take the edge off his real retirement. Whenever that will be. I really like watching him play. The Bullets might make the playoffs if Stack stays healthy. Too bad about Kwame, though. [b]Boston's big three[/b] -pointer fixation. What's up with that? Walker actually has decent post moves, he should get down in there. Baker & Battie leave plenty of room for him in the paint. [b]Bill Walton[/b] Oh man. He makes Marv look like Brokaw. Whatever that means. Bill had a special on espn last week that was a mix of "incredible" and "horrible." He was tutoring Yao Ming: "You should fake a pass before doing your post move. Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see." Steve Francis: "Hey Yao, how'd your workout with Walton go?" Yao (in perfect English): "What a long, strange trip, man." ---------- I have never claimed to be a hoops expert. I'm just a fan. I like a lot of different teams & players. Great game. :wave:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been a NBA fan for about 10 years now, and I have watched the league turn into a bunch of OVERPAID JERKOFFS . In the allstar game, they all looked hungover from a night on the town. Even the announcer on the TV made the comment.

[quote]Originally posted by C.M.: [b]I have been a NBA fan for about 10 years now, and I have watched the league turn into a bunch of OVERPAID JERKOFFS . In the allstar game, they all looked hungover from a night on the town. Even the announcer on the TV made the comment.[/b][/quote]C.M. Amen to that. Being from chicago I was on top of NBA heap for a few years! The fall was not pleasant! lliB

"Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -- John Adams

"I am a senior member, and thereby entilted to all the privileges and rights accorded said status"

-- NBR

[quote]Originally posted by C.M.: [b]I have been a NBA fan for about 10 years now, and I have watched the league turn into a bunch of OVERPAID JERKOFFS . In the allstar game, they all looked hungover from a night on the town. Even the announcer on the TV made the comment.[/b][/quote]Finally, someone on my side!!!!
The thoughts expressed in this post are the opinions of SF audio and MAY be used or misquoted anywhere you want, either in print,on the internet, or on the bathroom walls....

Hey, I'm on your side. I'm a die hard Blazer fan and have been for many years. And I actually don't care if they win or loose. Clyde Drexler as a Blazer, taught my son, who has epilepsy, to read. My son got interested in watching the games with me and so I had him read all about the game in the paper the next day. Then I had him write down who was the high scorer, who the team was playing next and what was their record. He had never had an interest in reading anything until he started following Clyde. I've always wanted to send Clyde a thank you letter since he doesn't know anything about it..my son is now 26 and still reads everything he can find about the Blazers..

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

Don't worry, Brakka, I love he NBA this year too. Kobe is on a mission right now, The Mavs and Kings are playing good team ball, As far as I can tell anyone in the east could get to the finals. I am also impressed with the skill of a lot of the youngins.(rookies).

Reach out and grab a clue.

Something Vicious

My solo crap

Archived