Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MXR flanger-S.O.S.

lynx

My beloved MXR flanger (grey box-self-contained power supply) is seriously ill. Does anyone know of a doctor, preferably in the Los Angeles area-but I'm open to any capable tech ANYWHERE in the continental U.S. Also, any hard-core effects freaks out there who can advise on a current device that closely replicates this one? NOTHING I know of works quite like this one. Rack mount o.k.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jin Dunlop now markets the MXR brand. There is a reissue of the MXR Flanger. This is one of my favorite pedals too and i never replaced the original one I had which was stolen. You might want to check out the reissue. I have a Dunlop/MXR Dynacomp and it's very good and seems identical to the original. My original Dynacomp was stolen along with the Flanger. Luckily my original Ibanez TS-808 Tube Screamer wasn't in the same case at the time. I still have that beat up but great sounding pedal.

------------------

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

Originally posted by gtrmac@hotmail.com:

Jin Dunlop now markets the MXR brand. There is a reissue of the MXR Flanger. This is one of my favorite pedals too and i never replaced the original one I had which was stolen. You might want to check out the reissue. I have a Dunlop/MXR Dynacomp and it's very good and seems identical to the original. My original Dynacomp was stolen along with the Flanger. Luckily my original Ibanez TS-808 Tube Screamer wasn't in the same case at the time. I still have that beat up but great sounding pedal.

I knew that someone was making a couple of the MXR boxes but wasn't aware of the flanger. Checked out the site-www.jimdunlop.com-and they have apparently revived the whole MXR pedal line or most of it. Still trying to find a tech for my originals (I have 2)-apparently some of the IC's ,if needed, are no longer available.If that fails Guitar Center (I checked with them) will provide one of the new ones. Thanks for the info.

If anyone has played both the new and the old I'd be interested in hearing comments as to how they compare.

Archived