Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

guitar techs in chicago?

fuzz

anyone know of some worldclass guitar techs in chicago...i am looking for someone to give my strats a tuneup before i hit the road (i am sick of doing it myself)

also i am looking for someone to give my fender deville and boogie mark 4 a tune up as well.

ant help would be great

thanks

"fuzz"

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are you? I'm most familiar with the North suburbs, and the techs that I used to know out there were very good.

If you'll be heading through Nashville early in the tour, I could suggest several people, but you'll have to call them now, as they're pretty bogged down with all the summer tours starting.

Neil

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I knew a good guitar tech named George McPhail. He worked at Music Gallery in Highland Park (24 miles north) and at a little store near College of Lake County in Grayslake. (Way up north.) Haven't spoken to him in years, so I don't know if he's still around... er.. I just searched the net for you, and after finding Music Gallery's ph. #, I spoke to George for a few minutes.

He does mostly warranty service for them, but he explained the other full time guy, Chip, has repaired an instrument that someone SAT on.. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif I'd love to see the repair job, and the bill!

They have a few other guys helping out under Chip and George's direction, so give 'em a call and let 'em know what you need.

Music Gallery Inc

2558 Green Bay

HIGHLAND PARK, IL 60035

847-432-6350

www.musicgalleryinc.com

I asked if he knew of any more convenient shops with good help. He won't recommend any other's but Flynn and one other, both in Evanston. I had a bad experience with Flynn, but it was subbed through another store and it was 13 or 14 years ago! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif So, who knows?

Neil

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

well thanks tons neil...i will definitly give him a call plus it will give me a good reason to check out the highland park skate park =)

thanks again

"fuzz"

Originally posted by spacebass:

well thanks tons neil...i will definitly give him a call plus it will give me a good reason to check out the highland park skate park =)

thanks again

"fuzz"

WHAT!!!!!!??????

Highland Park skate park???

I'm gonna hurt somebody.

I started skating in 1977!!! gave it up before the REAL boom hit, largely because there was nowhere to skate in HP, and few of us had figured out the street style that has become so popular in the past 10 years. I DREAMED of going to California, just to go to a skate park, but it never happened. By the time I graduated highschool, it was all over, for me. (1985)

I also recently found out they opened a GC in Highland Park, in the last few years. My parents retired to Florida in early '99, so I spend little time there when I'm in Illinois.

Email me and tell me more...

Neil

fantasticsound@hotmail.com

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

spacebass,

I asked this question a few months ago on Ed Cherney's forum. He was working here in Chicago with Sonia Dada at the time. He (and others) recommended Guitar Works in Evanston. The guy to talk to is Terry; call him at 847-475-0855.

geo

That's It!!! Guitar Works is the other place George would recommend (other than Music Gallery and Flynn Guitars) in the whole of the Chicago area.

It's funny. Here in Nashville the repairman are numerous and almost invariably well respected. And they tend to know one another pretty well. I'm fortunate to know several of them, myself.

------------------

Neil

Reality: A few moments of lucidity surrounded by insanity.

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived