Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Brakka's PM to me and my response.

Brakka Wrote: -I'm noticing that you haven't posted in a music -thread yet. Why would you stumble onto a new music forum and only post political topics? Do you have other identities here? I did notice that you checked your private messages very quickly the last time I sent you one, that doesn't sound like something a "new member" would do. Who are you, and why are you here at musicplayer?-- I replied: Look, I am trying to be nice here, I don't know who you are or why you feel that You have the right to tell me what to post, but I don't like facists on boards or anywhere else. Because I know how to us a BBS doesn't mean anything and it is none of your business why I am here. Get off my back and try to be more tolerant in the future.

"Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -- John Adams

"I am a senior member, and thereby entilted to all the privileges and rights accorded said status"

-- NBR

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's really rude to post private communications. Just FYI. I personally don't care what topics you post here, and people are welcome to take it or leave it. But posting emails, PMs and the like has been a no-no as long as there's been an internet. - Jeff

I was quite civil, wasn't I? :) In this case I don't mind having my PM posted, because I think everyone here agrees with me. I didn't tell him what to post, I just asked a question about his avoiding music topics [i]completely[/i] here at mp. Since I personally choose to not post in (or read) political threads, one might think I don't care about politics, but I do know what "facist" means. And I also know that it's spelled "fascist." :) :)

I agree with Jeff... posting PMs is a big no-no! Don't care much for politics... don't like and participate in off topic political threads! I wanna discuss 'bout music, new equiptment, new plugins...etc...etc... yes Brakka, you were too civil!

[quote]Originally posted by Brakka.: [b]I was quite civil, wasn't I? :) In this case I don't mind having my PM posted, because I think everyone here agrees with me. I didn't tell him what to post, I just asked a question about his avoiding music topics [i]completely[/i] here at mp. Since I personally choose to not post in (or read) political threads, one might think I don't care about politics, but I do know what "facist" means. And I also know that it's spelled "fascist." :) :) [/b][/quote]The subject line was *Please stop posting new political threads* So you were indeed trying to tell me what to post. If you would care to post my reply the FIRST PM you sent me I think it will be apparent it was quite polite. You are quite right about one thing though, I did misspell fascist. :cry:

"Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -- John Adams

"I am a senior member, and thereby entilted to all the privileges and rights accorded said status"

-- NBR

I am in agreement also about posting private messages on the public boards; very uncouth. However, I do believe that Brakka was very cordial about his inquiry into your identity and purpose. We have a lot of multiple personalities that troll these boards that like to add fuel to the flames without contributing anything of relevance to on-topic discussions. If Brakka's approach had been in a form of character assassination, or threats of any type, or he had told you to go the hell away; it would be entirely different. I don't condone personal attacks through private messages or personal emails; these forms of derrogatory attacks should be forwarded to the moderators to be handled at an individual level, rather than to exploit the issue. In this situation though; YOU are the one with egg on your face as Brakka did not DISS you in any way.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

You know what I really dislike? People posting two or more threads about the [b]EXACT SAME THING[/b] . For example, the Dell Dude threads. Two threads, where there should only be but one. It's really a waste of space to make several threads about the same thing. Now to make a thread about Bush doing one thing, and another thread about Bush doing another thing is different, but not the same exact thing. That's my qualm for the day.

[quote]Originally posted by patrick_dont_fret: [b]You know what I really dislike? People posting two or more threads about the [b]EXACT SAME THING[/b] . For example, the Dell Dude threads. Two threads, where there should only be but one. It's really a waste of space to make several threads about the same thing. Now to make a thread about Bush doing one thing, and another thread about Bush doing another thing is different, but not the same exact thing. That's my qualm for the day.[/b][/quote]You're fretting, and you know, patrick don't fret.

-- NBR

Yeah, the whole posting [b]private messages[/b] is a huge no-no. Yeah, I don't want to come to this music forum and see a crapload of political threads. Who's dumb enough to do that? He could be a drummer though,who knows. Also kinda weird how he has like 50 posts in his first 3 days here.

Am I the only one who sees how stupid this is, he's been slapped on the wrist for being rude fine but also people are telling him that no one is telling him what to post while they are obviously telling him what to post. this is stupid. finito :rolleyes:

[quote]Originally posted by CowbellAllen: [b]Yeah, the whole posting [b]private messages[/b] is a huge no-no. Yeah, I don't want to come to this music forum and see a crapload of political threads. Who's dumb enough to do that? He could be a drummer though,who knows. Also kinda weird how he has like 50 posts in his first 3 days here.[/b][/quote]Actually, I play the guitar, 72'Les Paul Custom, bought new for $600 with case when I was 18. I could probably get close to 2 grand for it now! Mid 80's american standard strat w/ texas specials. Japanese strat I bought used and set up for slide. Peavey classic 50 2x12. (love that amp). Line 6 pod for recording (to a daw). n-track studio Soundforge (any body know of any cool acoustic mirror impulses that are freeware?)

-- NBR

[quote]Originally posted by lliB_retsoF: [b]subject line was *Please stop posting new political threads* So you were indeed trying to tell me what to post. [/b][/quote]Looks to me like a regular and respected member of the forum was giving you the benefit of the doubt and offering you some GOOD ADVICE (non-publicly) rather than just passing you off as TROLL. Seeing as you are new here, you should probably just shut up and take his advice rather than get all defensive about it. You don't know the history here. Brakka wasn't telling you WHAT to post, he was telling WHAT NOT to post. Just because we try to maintain an informal set of expectations/guidelines for acceptable behavior doesn't make us fascists.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

[quote] Who are you, and why are you here at musicplayer?-- [/quote]Who the f*** is Brakka to ask such a question. If he had sent me such a PM I would out him too. If you don't like a person's posts, answer them in public, not hide behind private messaging. [quote] Looks to me like a regular and respected member of the forum was giving you the benefit of the doubt and offering you some GOOD ADVICE (non-publicly) rather than just passing you off as TROLL. Seeing as you are new here, you should probably just shut up and take his advice rather than get all defensive about it. You don't know the history here. Brakka wasn't telling you WHAT to post, he was telling WHAT NOT to post. Just because we try to maintain an informal set of expectations/guidelines for acceptable behavior doesn't make us fascists. [/quote]So who actually owns this forum? Just because you have contributed over the years doesn't make this your comfortable armchair. You want that, then start your own private forum. Policing topics is the moderator's prerogative. Bunch of fascists.

Yorik

Stone In A Pond

"Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on."

[quote]Originally posted by Super 8: [b] [quote]Originally posted by lliB_retsoF: [b]subject line was *Please stop posting new political threads* So you were indeed trying to tell me what to post. [/b][/quote]Looks to me like a regular and respected member of the forum was giving you the benefit of the doubt and offering you some GOOD ADVICE (non-publicly) rather than just passing you off as TROLL. Brakka wrote: ***Do you have other identities here?*** I did notice that you checked your private messages very quickly the last time I sent you one, that doesn't sound like something a "new member" would do.*** ***Who are you, and why are you here at musicplayer?--*** [b]These are not the words of anybody giving the benifit of the doubt.[/b] Seeing as you are new here, you should probably just shut up and take his advice rather than get all defensive about it. [b]I am not going to take orders from you either.[/b] You don't know the history here. Brakka wasn't telling you WHAT to post, he was telling WHAT NOT to post. [b]That is quibbling, and you don't know what I know.[/b] Just because we try to maintain an informal set of expectations/guidelines for acceptable behavior doesn't make us fascists.[/b][/quote][b]I did'nt get any PM's from any WE. I never called you a fascist. [/b] As I told Brakka in the FIRST pm he sent me I did not come here to flame or make enemies, and I said that politely. I hope we can let this drop right here.

-- NBR

[quote]Originally posted by lliB_retsoF: [b] [quote]Originally posted by patrick_dont_fret: [b]You know what I really dislike? People posting two or more threads about the [b]EXACT SAME THING[/b] . For example, the Dell Dude threads. Two threads, where there should only be but one. It's really a waste of space to make several threads about the same thing. Now to make a thread about Bush doing one thing, and another thread about Bush doing another thing is different, but not the same exact thing. That's my qualm for the day.[/b][/quote]You're fretting, and you know, patrick don't fret.[/b][/quote]Y'know, that would be funny, but it's not. And no, I don't think this is going to be dropped anytime soon.

[quote]Originally posted by patrick_dont_fret: [b] [quote]Originally posted by lliB_retsoF: [b] [quote]Originally posted by patrick_dont_fret: [b]You know what I really dislike? People posting two or more threads about the [b]EXACT SAME THING[/b] . For example, the Dell Dude threads. Two threads, where there should only be but one. It's really a waste of space to make several threads about the same thing. Now to make a thread about Bush doing one thing, and another thread about Bush doing another thing is different, but not the same exact thing. That's my qualm for the day.[/b][/quote]You're fretting, and you know, patrick don't fret.[/b][/quote]Y'know, that would be funny, but it's not. And no, I don't think this is going to be dropped anytime soon.[/b][/quote]Now why do YOU want to take offence over a little joke. I'ts not like I tried to tell you how to post or anything. Believe it or not if you lighten up a little bit I'll be real easy to get along with. lliB

-- NBR

I don't know why anyone is feeding this troll. Bill Foster, Bill Poster, and all of it's clones have been reinventing new screen names with a variable of the name for SEVERAL MONTHS now. It's childs play! It's all the same person and "IT" will argue with itself just to stir the kettle. I think that it should be a violation of forum policy to have multiple identifications registered to ONE IP address. If I wanted to do a repeat of when Miles released the IP address of Ashley Judd a while back; I "DO" have the ability to track the IP addresses of every poster on this forum, if I so chose to do it I could compare the IP addresses to see how many skitzos we have aboard. How would Bill Foster like his IP address being exposed? I don't suppose it would be any more sleezy than posting PRIVATE CORRESPONDANCE on public message boards without the consent of the other party. I won't stoop to that level, but trust me on this one... Bill Foster IS a troll. [img]http://www.musicbizbuzz.net/smilies/xt.gif[/img]

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

We all have better things to do with our time, so I'm closing this thread (you're welcome!). * Please do not post PMs in a thread. * If you judge someone as being a troll, please do not respond to them. If you don't consider someone a troll, by all means engage in constructive dialog. * Please remember that SSS does change people, and many who started off antagonistically are now respected members. This forum is open to all but if you want to discourage someone from coming back, don't respond. If you want them to come back, respond. It's really quite simple. As to freeware acoustic impulses, there are a bunch on the Sonic Foundry site. What's going on here at SSS is very unimportant in the grand scheme of things, yet powerful in its own way. I undestand that some people feel possessive about its vibe but remember, I've been doing this since 1995 and I've seen it go through more gyrations than a pole dancer at an Atlanta strip joint. Don't get too worked up, it's just characters floating across a CRT. The world has enough problems, the least we can do is HELP each other in this little oasis. Respect the opinions of others, and if you want to change their opinions, use facts, logic, and most of all, compassion.

Archived