Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

the effect's box

mast

Hey there, back in the old days I was always experimenting with my various combo's trying to get the sound I needed, nearly got it with a Marshall combo(with reverb, that was something then)with another combo in sterio !, via a cheap sterio flanger.

Then it all stopped and I kinda did other thing's.Coming back on to the scene was a bit of a culture shock, for what I needed at the time my humble little Korg g3, did the thing but know I need to upgrade, if not for my punter's ears but for my own. Is it the korg AX1, The AX100 or the AX1000 I need. My needs are typical, nice crunch solo's, clean chorus.NICE sounding dirty voxe's.All the usuall things, controllable master volume without lowering distortion if you see wgat I mean.

In my day when you wanted to turn down your solo volume you lost the sound so you had to run over to the amp ! You now the sort of thing.

Is it worth buying an amp. I,v always used one in the past, but in this setup i,v been using my own monitor instead out of lazyness I suppose.What would you recommend, is the the Pod stuff that much better. Bearing in mind I can play what would you dood's recommend. I like the look of the Line6 amps

thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It depends on your needs. If you don't plan on performing and all you are doing is recording, then you don't really NEED an amp. You can get an effects processor or the like (like a Line 6 Pod or something) and record direct. Your monitors are adequate for that. If you are both recording and performing, the Line6 that you asked about is a nice option. I've never played one but I hear they are great. That type of package probably gives you the most versatility in that you have all the effects that come with it (amp modelers, effects, etc.) as well as a nice amp if you plan to play out. They do tend to get pretty expensive with all that in one package but I've heard they are pretty cool. As I'm sure you know, you want to pick a couple of setups and then do your best to try them out, either at a store or with someone you know who has it. Then look for your deal.

Archived