Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Do you care how you LOOK while playing guitar?

josephandrews.edu

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angus Young plays his axes WAY high. Tell me people don't identify him right away!

The dead guy from Def Leppard played his axe WAY low. Don't even know how he played it that way.

A couple months ago, I found out after the fact that this Britpop band I auditioned for thought I played my guitar too high. Since I'm a little on the tall side (6'3" if anyone's interested), it really helps to play--especailly leads--with the guitar a little bit higher.

Man - I have no idea what happened - something I hit and the next thing I know I'm 10 light years from this sight and no idea what got me there. I come back and this is what I see. Geeze - computers and their users - what a lethal combo. My advice: don't hold your keyboard up to your neck when you type!!!

Steve Powell - Bull Moon Digital

www.bullmoondigital.com

Quote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Stevepow

Are ya hearin' the music or seein' it? If you're seeing it and aren't tripping, then I'd say just listen and enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stevepow

Words from the wise man!! or should that be wiseman? !00% with ya shame that we are so image conscious aint it?

Simon http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/eek.gif

...remember there is absolutely no point in talking about someone behind their back unless they get to hear about it...

I'd have to say - yes. Okay, I know that answer makes me shallow and vain. In the end, it all depends on your goals. How far do you want to go with your music and how much are you willing to sacrifice to achieve that goal? I don't see anything wrong with trying to create an image as long as it's sincere. It's got to be real! Yes, music is art but for those in the industry, it's big business. Unfortunately, a lot of people in this business make their decisions based on visuals. Sometimes musical talent alone is not enough to get you thru the door.

Archived